An avacado question.

dianeschlicht

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
I posted on the CB, but decided this might be a better place. Last year I planted 3 avacado pits, all of which grew. I put them outdoors in the summer, and repotted all of them before bringing them in last fall. One is now nearly 6 feet tall, and the other two are 2 1/2 and 4 feet. I pinched them all back this fall to get them to bush out. It is working, to a degree. Now I am wondering if I continue this process each year, will they be able to be sustained as potted trees, and will they bear fruit?

Diane, I don't know nothin' about birthin' no babies, nor do I know anything about growing avacados! :tongue:

It sounds like you've done pretty well so far! :)

I can't seem to find very much info on them. However, here's a link to a garden forum where avacados are being discussed. I don't know if it will be of much help to you or not.

~Avacados~

Any other Buds with avacado experience? :)

Thanks for the link! I think it sounds like I can keep on this way. I don't want to do any grafting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter