An Extra Helping of Disney (Comments Welcome)

Hi Minnie Momma,

I just came across your journal! sounds like you are doing well

If you are still getting sore from your exercise, might I suggest some BCAA supplements. They are branched chain amino acids that do wonders for recovering muscles!

I am on a program suppose to be 12 weeks (i am on my 9th week, just finish my workout) and I am always sore each workout. I take these supplements pre, post or during workout and it helps. It helps so much my friend is taking it also and he says it definitely improved his workout. Now he doesn't have to skip 2-3 days before starting the NEXT DAY workout lol

Thanks for the info Simon.

So we have narrowed it down to 2 gyms. I would love to have an indoor track, but a treadmill will serve the same purpose. DD is looking for the equipment as well as kickboxing and zumba. Both gyms have the classes, but the other also has the indoor track and a pool. But, it also costs more. DD13 is free at either gym. One has a special for 7th graders, so she will be free until May. The other is under new management and he made me a personalized payment plan.

Decisions, decisions.......

We bit the bullet and joined the gym. Picked the smaller one where we felt more comfortable. DD can stop there on the way home from work and is well pleased. We checked it out this evening and did the treadmill, bike, machines. DD also did the elliptical, but that thing has got me confuzzled. It feels so un-natural and wonky when I use it. I will stick with the other stuff, thank you very much!

Update:
not gaining
not losing
still 206
alrighty then
time to find a faster horse to ride down health lane
a.k.a no more Christmas goodies!

In other news ..... my local Disney Store is closing this week :(

Have the Christmas goodies been holding you back?

Good luck with finding the faster horse.

Yes Amy, the Christmas goodies are holding me in all the wrong places!

Such a hard habit to break.

But, on a brighter note i went to the gym :)

Going to the gym is good. Are your clothes fitting differently? You could be losing inches.

A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to all those that celebrate! :grouphug:

.... and on Wednesday it is back to work on my goals!!

Hubby got me an exercise stepper set with DVD. This thing comes with a high step, low step and a balance board!
I can see myself now..... stepping right down Main Street!

The stepper is great --- youngest DD loves to use the balance board option.
I tried the video that came with it --- not so good. It is more of a "demo" and how-to-do each of the steps. Soooooooo, I ordered a high rated DVD and waiting for it to arrive. Just gotta get myself moving more and eating less. The Disney dream is not going to come true this summer if I don't reach the goal that has been set. And that would really suck popsicles!

Just did 2 miles of the Biggest Loser Walk DVD. The second mile with weights. My hands got so sweaty the grips got slippery. Boy am I out of shape. But it felt great!

Attention K-Mart shoppers! We have a renewed enthusiasm in aisle 3.

Youngest DD has started going with us to the gym -- and she LOVES it! The gym is ladies only and she is very comfortable being there and her favorite equipment is the elliptical. Who IS she? :scratchin

So we are getting healthy as a trio. :crowded: And it is marvelous! :lovestruc

The step video arrived and I have done some of it. Hard to keep up. I need to do it again. But I really like the biggest loser walk. It is right up my alley.

(and when I look down that alley I see Cinderellas Castle!) :tink:

So before Christmas I was 206.

Then the holiday goodies got the best of me. And even after the holidays I kept "justifying" my "one more bite".

I went up. Not good at all. :crazy2: To 212.

This morning I am 207.5

Working later today so I will go downstairs to the "in house gym" and do a video and/or ride the bike.

....and just might have a mini trip to WDW in April........ ;)

Great. Almost all of your Christmas weight is gone.

I'm in the same boat: losing Christmas weight. Way to go!

Thanks for the encouragement. It does feel good to eat better and get back to the regular exercise.

I did 1 1/2 miles with Bob in my Biggest Loser walk -- couldn't finish. It was running in place and jumping jacks for the second mile and my upper body was not cooperating if you catch my drift. Then I rode my bike for 3.5 miles on the aerobic program.

Hmm...... riding down Main Street? :drive:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter