An open "thank you" to WebmasterMichelle

Dave_from_Marietta

DIS Veteran
(I also appreciate CarolAnnK and TnRobin, but WebmasterMichelle has been shouldering most of the load during this last week.)

I've just spent the last six hours reading the last week's worth of threads. (I was out for the holiday.) This board isn't a warm, fuzzy place right now. But you would expect there to be a lot of frustration to be vented. DCL is weathering a crisis like it's never seen before. Lots of folks on this board have been personally and directly affected. The rest of us can empathize with those who are personally and directly affected. Emotions are very high. A lot of people are on edge. And through it all, WebmasterMichelle has helped to keep the flames that have been flying from bursting into a full-scale firestorm. I can't imagine how many hours you've put in on this board in the last week, Michelle, in addition to trying to get work done on your "real" job!

Michelle's had to remind many people many times over the last week... play nice.

If a post makes you angry, walk away from the computer and take a break before you come back and type an angry reply. Take as many breaks as necessary for you to respond calmly and politely. You may certainly still take issue with another poster, but do so without the insults and personal attacks. And before you hit the Submit button, ask yourself how you would respond to your post if you were in the other person's shoes? If there's a chance you might find it offensive, walk away from the computer again before you hit the Submit button.

Everybody is on edge. We can work through it together, folks. And WebmasterMichelle will continue to make sure we play by the rules. Thanks, WM!

I agree Dave! Well put! By the way, thanks for helping me with my dad's travel plans to your neck of the woods! You are always so helpful! THAT'S the kind of DISer attitude that I want to see more of...willingness to help others, so unselfish! Thanks, Dave!!!
Ann

Hello Dave,
Just when I believe you can't be any kindness than you are - you write such a beautiful and much deserving letter about Michelle and the way she handled everything and everyone - it was as much of a challenge for her as for Matt at DCL to keep the flaming to a trickle as much as possible - Thank you for such a beautiful letter - we always hear when things aren't right, but we seldom hear when things are right - anyhow welcome back and again for doing what anyone of us should have done and that was to take the time to sincerely thank Michelle ------and to also thank else everyone behind the scenes ---
Welcome back home you world traveler - Drop me a note when you have time and also give the family hugssss from me.
Take care and God bless you super good.
With love
Shirley

THANK YOU MICHELLE -----YOU DO AWESOME WORK :D

Great post, Dave!!!

And thanks Michelle!!! You have done a truly amazing job. I particularly love your smilies!! :D

On a more personal note, I also want to thank Michelle for securing us a room at the Wilderness Lodge after the CBR closing was announced (she was filling in for our agent Beth at Dreams Unlimited, who was on vaca at WDW at the time). I can't tell you how happy that made us! And now we're leaving for the airport in three hours!!! Hooray!! Michelle (and Beth) is the reason why Dreams Unlimited is the absolute BEST! :D

Maureen

Let me add my public thanks as well. Michelle has done a wonderful job keeping things running smoothly through everything that has been happening here.

In addition to her moderator work and her work at Dreams she's also trying to get her family ready for vacation on the next sailing of the Magic. Talk about stress!

Yet through it all she keeps her cool, her sense of humor, and love of Disney alive.

Thank you Michelle!:wave:

Great post Dave....I was just thinking about this when I woke up.... "Where's the Love" on these boards lately?. After keeping up the virus threads and the CM's in CG thread yesterday I was emotionally exhausted!!! I did walk away from the computer several times...I even deleted a few posts I wrote after re-reading them.

Thank you for reminding us that we need to settle down and look at every post carefully before sending.

I also was thinking what a tough job Michelle and the other moderators had this week!!!!

MJ

Well said Dave!

Michelle, you are an awesome person, and do such a great job with handling these boards especially during trying times. Thanks for all you do!

I also think Michelle and the other moderators do a terrific job! Michelle -- enjoy your much needed vacation this coming week on the Magic!
:D

Thanks "Mommy" Michelle for helping all of us 12/7's feel confindent that we are going and that all will be well!
Hugs Ann

Great post, Dave. :) I couldn't agree more with your praise of Michelle and your wise advice about posting.

Hear! Hear! I totally agree Dave! Thank you Michelle!
And like Ann said, Michelle has been instrumental in putting all us 12/7 cruisers at ease. It is very much appreciated!!
See you in three days!!!

Lisa

I make it a point to avoid "me too" posts. But in this case, I'll make an exception.

A big, big thank you to WebmasterMichelle and the other moderators who skillfully work to allow the free expression of opinions while striving to keep this board a polite forum for everyone. And thank you for the efforts to avoid having a dozen threads about the same subject.

And, also, big thanks to Dave_from_Marietta for reminding us of the great work that the moderators do, and for offering excellent suggestions for how to deal with replies to topics that strike an emotional nerve.

Dave...

I was wondering where you were during all of this hub-bub..
glad you are back and I agree with you totally 100%.

Michelle did(and continues to do) a great job with utter calmness, diplomacy, and tact. Being as great a DCL fan as 99% of us on this board, she kept her emotions under control..and I know that was very hard to do...it was hard for me not to chime in and put my more than 2 cents worth in!!!!

Kudos to Michelle....

Phyllis

:cool:

WOW, was this ever the nicest post to wake up to today. :)

THANK YOU, Dave, and everyone else for the very kind words. It definitely has been a little more challenging around here lately ;) but I think that's natural with everything going on.

The best thing about this board is that it's full of MANY friendly and helpful people who help make the cruise better for others with their advice and suggestions. We wouldn't be what we are without YOU, and the moderators and webmasters all appreciate that very much. :) We appreciate it even more when everyone plays nice too. ;)

And now I need to start packing! :teeth:

let me add my thanks too Michelle:D
I hope you have a magical cruise!

Enjoy every magical moment, Michelle - You deserve it!

Shari

Ditto Dave! You always seem to put it best!

Thanks Michelle for helping to make sure the boards are a "safe" place to post our varied views! You are the very best!!!! (and all the other moderators too!)

I agree. From what I've seen, these boards do not normally breed too much controversy. Being a moderator on a soccer related board that does tend towards many heated discussions, I can truly appreciate what Michelle had to deal with this week.

In some ways, though, I don't think we should need to feel too much sympathy for Michelle. I mean, not only does she get to help people plan all these magical vacations, she gets to spend her time talking about Disney online too. How sweet is that? ;)

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter