Anastasia State Park- how far in advance to reserve?

nessz79

DIS Veteran
Anyone know about how far in advance to reserve here? We would like to stop here for a night or two on our way up to Virginia. We want to go in June...according to one review, you need to book in advance for the summer. We're broke right now so we can't make a reservation yet (it's pay in advance I guess).

Thanks- you guys always know your stuff!

Anastasia is really nice. I know you have to go thru reserveamerica.com now to book. It's about $22 a night but I think it's a one night deposit like the fort.

Reservation window opens at 11 months out. Anastasia is a very desirable state park. A lot depends on when you want to stay and how large an RV site you need. Weekends book up quickly and so do the biggest sites. Have you checked the Reserve America website to see what is available during your planned vacation time? http://www.reserveamerica.com/Campi...ndex=campDetail&contractCode=FL&parkId=281003 They do require payment in full when you make a reservation. However Florida state parks are very affordable. (around $25/night) Good Luck!

I'm so dissappointed in myself that I know nothing of this park...:lmao:

Reservation window opens at 11 months out. Anastasia is a very desirable state park. A lot depends on when you want to stay and how large an RV site you need. Weekends book up quickly and so do the biggest sites. Have you checked the Reserve America website to see what is available during your planned vacation time? http://www.reserveamerica.com/Campi...ndex=campDetail&contractCode=FL&parkId=281003 They do require payment in full when you make a reservation. However Florida state parks are very affordable. (around $25/night) Good Luck!

Thanks- still lots of space! Now I can check back every once in a while.

We're also thinking of this other state park in Orange City...Blue Springs or something like that. But they don't have sewer hook up. So I guess we just stay at a campground that has sewer the next night. We're still new at this! The Fort and KOA's are the only places we've stayed at this point.

While I don't know all things about Anastasia Park, there are several campgrounds here including a KOA. I have only stayed at North Beach Camping Resort which is North of town but, the ocean is across the street from the campground office and you can get a site on the Intercoastal Waterway.There are 3 or four within a few miles south of Anastasia but, I'm sure the price is higher.A couple of others are: Bryn Mawr, Ocean Grove, and a KOA. All of these are on Anastasia Island so it keeps you close to the ocean. Bryn Mawr is oceanfront.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter