"And then there were four" Day 3

Skala

Mouseketeer
Tuesday 9th November

We were up early again and in the park for EMH. After the usual Buzz marathon (I got really good scores this time as the ride kept stopping allowing extra time to shoot targets over and over again!!!!!) it was off to Fantasyland
DSCF6686.jpg

We had our horse ride on the Carousel, and a spin or two on the teacups and then it was time for Peter Pan before heading to Frontierland.
DS was desperate for BTM-with me and DH refusing to go on it the day before because of the downpour- much to his disappointment. On our very first visit to DLRP we went on BTM in the rain(it was our last day and DS insisted he had to say "bye")- we laughed about it at the time but it's not an experience we fancy repeating - I remember whizzing round fast in the cold and not being able to open my eyes for the rain lashing down- yes once was enough
Anyway, we walked practically straight on it -twice and then got a Fast Pass for later- making up for the" rides lost"!
We thought we'd say Good Morning to the spooks of PM, did a bit of shopping and had a little wander and then it was BTM again.
Afterwards we headed to the Plaza to catch the character express
DSCI0548-1.jpg

DSCF6707.jpg

I went with DS to get Remy and Mr Incredibles's autographs (he only wanted the autographs of characters he'd not met before) while DH and DN stalked Stitch and Pinocchio- both missions successful! It was a really good meet and greet this time no pushing in.
By now it was starting to rain so we were glad it was time for lunch in the Silver Spur- I haven't posted a review as we ate exactly what we did before and the food was just as good so my old review still stands!!!! The only thing I would like to see is a bigger menu. Oh yes and there was a live jazz style band playing while we ate who were really excellent- In fact I've got "everybody, everybody, everybody wants to be a cat" going around in my head as I write- we were tapping our feet to this great number while we were eating!
We had a wander around Skull Rock, went on POTC, met Jack Sparrow who was in fine form-I think he was our favourite character encounter.
We then headed back to Fantasyland for PeterPan and a few other rides (sorry- too taken by Captain Jack to remember which one they were lol!)
before heading to opposite "Belle Notte" to watch OUADP in the rain.
DSCF6728.jpg

DSCF6730.jpg

We also managed to catch most of the tree lighting ceremony before heading to BBWWS. When I booked over the phone I was told to be there at 18.30- when we arrived -what I thought was five minutes earlier the downstairs bit was empty- last time I remembered it being jammed packed and DS being quite bored by the whole welcome band bit. No wonder it was quiet downstairs- the show itself starts at 18.30. We were seated in the red side and within seconds the show began! I was very happy with the unclear instructions from the girl on the booking line- it was much better than the squash we endured the last time!!!!!
I'm sorry if this offends any "purists" out there, but I thought the show was even better with Mickey and friends present.We all really had a great time .
DSCF6736.jpg

DSCF6738.jpg

As we left the show and walked back through the village towards the Sequoia, we crossed our fingers that the fireworks would be on- it was actually a beautiful night- not a rain drop in sight. As we approached Lake Disney we could here music, a promising sound. We found a spot outside our hotel and were thrilled when Sorcerer Mickey sailed past.
We enjoyed the light show and I was thinking perhaps that was it and then a voice boomed out that the fireworks were about to begin!!!!! They were AMAZING and so well timed with the music- I'll never have the chance to go to DLRP in the summer (we both work in tourism in Greece) so I can't imagine what the fireworks are like in August with the castle as a backdrop,- but I tell you, these ones far surpassed my expectations and I'm so thrilled we got to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter