Andrea & Kory's 6/11/11 Wishes Wedding--WP&GF Ballroom**Updated 8/15 Ann. Pics Last!

Wow!! You have gotten so much done in a short amount of time! :thumbsup2

Who is the designer of your bridesmaid dresses? And do you think they may work for someone who is 6 months pregnant?

Thanks! I look at other brides' PJs and think that I am so behind! I haven't even approved invitations yet, yikes!

As for the dresses, they're from Alfred Angelo. You might want to call about the pregnancy part, but if I remember correctly, I don't think it would work. I think I remember my BMs saying that there was boning and it was around the middle. Sorry!

So I got a couple of pairs of shoes in today. The first is one that DF and I will be wearing just for right after the ceremony for pictures on the beach.

shoes-reception3.jpg

Then here are my reception shoes. My DF is 6'4 and I am 5'6. I am going to have probaly 3 1/2-4 inch heels for the ceremony so I wanted tall flip flops for the reception. (Sorry they're blurry)

shoes-reception2.jpg
shoes-reception1.jpg

So I had my first mini-bridezilla moment. First let me give you a little bit of background:

Well, tonight she came up to me complaining about my bridal shower and bachelerotte party. The party is on Friday night and the shower is on Sunday afternoon so that my friends and family from out of town could attend both. She said "That is going to be the most f***** busy weekend of the year! I have your bachelorette party on Friday night, then a volunteer function Saturday morning, then bowling Saturday night, and then you had to have your shower that weekend." I just looked at her threw my hands up and said "sorry my bridal festivies got in your way."

Then later she asked me why I was having orange and blue shirts (I am a HUGE Gator fan. All my friends know this. The bachelorette shirts are going to say "Something old, something new. Something Orange, Something Blue). I told her that we were wearing them since I am a huge Gator fan. She said "but why? they're not your wedding colors". And I said "well, most bachelorette stuff you would buy are pink and black which are not my wedding colors". Then she said "whatever, I'll just have to burn the shirt when I get home." And she's a fan of a school that doesn't even ever play against us! But I looked at her and said "You are going to make me have my first Bridezilla moment" and then I walked away.

GRR!! Something small, I know but I just had to vent to people who would understand!

I'm guessing she didn't say that she'd burn the shirt in a joking tone? :rotfl: :confused3

I think the shirt sounds totally cute!!! My BF is a huge Gators fan, so he'd love the idea. I'd steal the idea for Clemson, but "something orange, something purple" doesn't have quite the same ring to it... :lmao:

Don't let her upset you. She's unfairly taking out her stress on you. It happens every once in a while. If it happens frequently, that's when you start to look at things a little closer.

So I got a couple of pairs of shoes in today. The first is one that DF and I will be wearing just for right after the ceremony for pictures on the beach.

shoes-reception3.jpg

Then here are my reception shoes. My DF is 6'4 and I am 5'6. I am going to have probaly 3 1/2-4 inch heels for the ceremony so I wanted tall flip flops for the reception. (Sorry they're blurry)

shoes-reception2.jpg
shoes-reception1.jpg

Loving the shoes:thumbsup2 They are super cute, I thought about doing the bride groom ones once I love how they leave the images in the sand.

So I had my first mini-bridezilla moment. First let me give you a little bit of background:

I am friends with one of the girls on my softball team. I wouldn't say we are super close but we do hang out every once in a while. She got married last September and I was honestly shocked that she wanted me in her wedding. We are nowhere near that close. But I was the only bridesmaid that lived near her and so I thought maybe that was why. Now, I planned her whole bridal shower myself with none of the other girls pitching in. The bridesmaids dress she picked out was over $300. And then we had to buy plane tix to the wedding in Colorado (we live in FL). And this was all fine. It was a lot, but its a girls wedding day, so I didn't complain!

Well, tonight we were out with our softball team and she came up to me complaining about my bridal shower and bachelerotte party. The party is on Friday night and the shower is on Sunday afternoon so that my friends and family from out of town could attend both. She said "That is going to be the most f***** busy weekend of the year! I have your bachelorette party on Friday night, then a volunteer function Saturday morning, then bowling Saturday night, and then you had to have your shower that weekend." I just looked at her threw my hands up and said "sorry my bridal festivies got in your way."

Then later she asked me why I was having orange and blue shirts (I am a HUGE Gator fan. All my friends know this. The bachelorette shirts are going to say "Something old, something new. Something Orange, Something Blue). I told her that we were wearing them since I am a huge Gator fan. She said "but why? they're not your wedding colors". And I said "well, most bachelorette stuff you would buy are pink and black which are not my wedding colors". Then she said "whatever, I'll just have to burn the shirt when I get home." And she's a fan of a school that doesn't even ever play against us! But I looked at her and said "You are going to make me have my first Bridezilla moment" and then I walked away.

GRR!! Something small, I know but I just had to vent to people who would understand!

All I can say about this is wow, $300 for a BM dress:scared1: You my dear are very strong indeed. Don't let her negativity get to you, you just do what you want to do and let it roll off your back. You will have the support of your family and friends and I think it's very thoughtful of you to think about everyone that lives out of town like that. Just hang in there everything will be alright :)

WHAT A BRAT! I would go borderline bridezilla too! After all you did for her she is being so selfish to not return the favor? UGGHH! I hate when people are like that...LAME!

You just vent away! And if that was the worst of your bridezilla moments so far I think youre in GREAT shape!

I'm guessing she didn't say that she'd burn the shirt in a joking tone? :rotfl: :confused3

I think the shirt sounds totally cute!!! My BF is a huge Gators fan, so he'd love the idea. I'd steal the idea for Clemson, but "something orange, something purple" doesn't have quite the same ring to it... :lmao:

Don't let her upset you. She's unfairly taking out her stress on you. It happens every once in a while. If it happens frequently, that's when you start to look at things a little closer.

All I can say about this is wow, $300 for a BM dress:scared1: You my dear are very strong indeed. Don't let her negativity get to you, you just do what you want to do and let it roll off your back. You will have the support of your family and friends and I think it's very thoughtful of you to think about everyone that lives out of town like that. Just hang in there everything will be alright :)

WHAT A BRAT! I would go borderline bridezilla too! After all you did for her she is being so selfish to not return the favor? UGGHH! I hate when people are like that...LAME!

You just vent away! And if that was the worst of your bridezilla moments so far I think youre in GREAT shape!

Thanks girls! You have definitely made me feel better! :cutie:

So I think I've found my shoes! I took them with me for my dress fitting and with their heel, I won't have to have it hemmed! And all of the consultants loved it! The only thing is, the sequins are silver on the back so I have to keep making sure they're turned the right way (not such a big deal, but a little bit of a pain). And they are pretty comfy too (I am so not a heel girl!)

shoes5.jpg

What do you guys think?

After seeing your post on my super old TR I thought I would wander over to check out your upcoming plans :goodvibes What a sweet engagement story, it is so nice how you and your husband both work for Disney. We met another Disney couple on our anniversary trip earlier this month that both work at WDW too. You have so many great details - the unity candle, place cards, chargers, etc. The menu sounds really yummy too. I love the cute shoes!

Don't worry about making cuts to the BEO. We ended up doing that too. I made a list of my top priorities and then we worked from there. Even though there were some things that I would have loved to had like the landau coach or characters at the reception, I have no regrets 3 years later :) Also, don't let the friend get you down about your festivities :grouphug: I can't believe she said that about the orange and blue shirts for the Gators. DH and I both went to the University of Michigan and we had some items that were maize and blue even though they weren't our wedding colors.

Looking forward to reading more!

After seeing your post on my super old TR I thought I would wander over to check out your upcoming plans :goodvibes What a sweet engagement story, it is so nice how you and your husband both work for Disney. We met another Disney couple on our anniversary trip earlier this month that both work at WDW too. You have so many great details - the unity candle, place cards, chargers, etc. The menu sounds really yummy too. I love the cute shoes!

Don't worry about making cuts to the BEO. We ended up doing that too. I made a list of my top priorities and then we worked from there. Even though there were some things that I would have loved to had like the landau coach or characters at the reception, I have no regrets 3 years later :) Also, don't let the friend get you down about your festivities :grouphug: I can't believe she said that about the orange and blue shirts for the Gators. DH and I both went to the University of Michigan and we had some items that were maize and blue even though they weren't our wedding colors.

Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you! I was feeling a little bit better about the BEO because I'm thinking a bunch of people aren't going to end up coming to the wedding. BUT--RSVPs are due May 11th...and we have to pay our final amount on May 12th!!!! I am betting that we are going to have to track down a bunch of RSVPs so I think we're going to end up overpaying! ( I know they give you a credit back afterwards, but still!) About how many RSVPs did you have to track down?

So this weekend is jam packed! Tomorrow night is my bachelorette party and Sunday is my bridal shower. We planned it for the same weekend so that a couple of out-of-town people could attend both!

My bachelorette party is going to be drinking around the world at Epcot. I am a HUGE Gators fan, so we had t-shirts made up (I saw a bachelorette party there once before with this saying so I stole it...thank you random girl!) My Matron of Honor made up passports (using the pics I got from another disbride). She also made hair bows for us to wear. After Epcot, we'll be heading to one of my favorite places--Jellyrolls!!

I will be wearing the blue shirt
BachelorettePartyShirt1.jpg

BachelorettePartyShirt2.jpg

BachelorettePartyShirt3.jpg

and the other girls will be wearing the orange shirts
BachelorettePartyShirt4.jpg

Here is the bow that my Matron of Honor made along with a tiara that I will be wearing (yes, that is a pink mickey mouse dog toy that I put them on...I couldn't figure out how else to get a picture of the tiara)
BachelorettePartyHair.jpg

Then my bridal shower on Sunday is going to be on the beach at the Yacht Club. It's a Beauty and the Beast theme with the colors of hot pink, royal blue, and yellow. The centerpieces will be the rose in the glass. I'll put up pictures of those afterwards.

Here is my dress (and it has a little crinoline underneath it!)
BridalShowerDress.jpg

And here is my Beauty and the Beast tiara and earrings
BridalShowerTiaraAndEarrings.jpg

And the Belle bouquet (no idea what I am going to use this for, but it was Belle and wedding related so I had to get it!)
BridalShowerBouquet.jpg

I'm so excited!

just started reading your PJ! you were tricked in a 'lets take a photo' scam too for your engagement! :lmao: it definitely catches you off guard! ... im going to continue reading your pj now :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter