• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Angela & David *Planning Journal*- Update 12/11/08- (pg 5)

newyearsbride

Mouseketeer
I'm fairly new, I've been lurking and posting here and there since January! My FI, David (aka davidand3rs) actually introducted me to the the boards and I've been hooked ever since!

Let's see... About Me: :bride: I'm 21, a nursing student, and a massage therapist. I've always loved all things Disney, and at 21 I still watch Disney movies and the Disney channel. I actually have a tinkerbell tattoo! Once I figure out how to put pictures up, I'll show and tell.

David: :cool1: David is also 21, a Technology Support and Training Management major, about to graduate :goodvibes: David, however, is sans tinkerbell tattoo... sorry!

How we met: David and I met at youth group in our hometown church during Super Bowl '03. He and my best friend began arguing over which side I should root for. A couple of weeks later, he approached me and informed me that his mother had found a picture of him and I when we were 4 years old sitting in the very church we met in.

As the years went along, we became best friends, and slowly learned that our lives had been intertwined and we didn't even know it! Our mothers knew each other when they were pregnant, David and I went to sunday school together as toddlers, and even called each other "boyfriend" and "girlfriend," and we went to the same daycare for a while! I had been to his house on a regular basis through the years because my good friend was his stepsister, and David and his family had spent numerous nights at my uncle's home! My uncle was even his dad's best man at his wedding! David and I practically started our lives together, came together as teens, and we've been inseparable ever since.

Up next... the proposal! Stay tuned!:woohoo:

Ok, so, heregoes! David and I picked our wedding date New Years Eve '06/07. I'd seen the tv shows were a couple gets married on the travel channel, and I loved when they got married in Disney, but never thought it was a REAL option. One day soon after NYE, my mom was watching a show, where a couple got married in Disney, and I joking yelled to David downstairs that we should get married in Disney- and he yelled back "OK!" That night, I asked if he was serious and he told me to check it out, so I did, and I've been on a planning frensy ever since!

David and I had been to Disney together twice before 2007. In 2007 I "surprised" (I accidently let it slip) David with a trip to Disney for his birthday, and we had a WONDERFUL time. So, four months later, we decided to do it again, for my birthday! I left most of the planning to David, so he planned to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade (for the first time!) the first night we were there. We went to dinner (Raglan Road, uh, yum!) and headed to MK. We road all kinds of rides, and had lots of fun! I had told him a couple month before that I wanted to be proposed to in private, and as we were standing in line of our last ride it popped in my head for no reason. I casually mentioned that I had at that moment changed my mind, and I didn't mind if it was in public. He then began to freak out, but eventually let it go. Later, we were standing in front of the castle, with him behind me, with his arms around my waist, and just as the fireworks were ending, he turned me around and asked me to marry him! It was soooo perfect, and perfect timing, right when I said yes, was the grand finale of the fireworks! He told me that he had the ring in his jacket pocket the whole night, and he thought I felt it once, and he thought he had lost it on one of the rides! We then spent the next two days together in Disney, having fun, and showin off my new bling!

I'm going to attempt pictures... cross your fingers girls!

The picture of us as kids
08-21-2005041920PM-1.jpg

Prom
Prom2004005-1.jpg

Us, right after getting engaged!
Angies21stBirthday091.jpg

The Bling
CIMG1193.jpg

Angies21stBirthday241-2.jpg

My tinkerbell on my lower back (the so called "tramp stamp"... oops)
DSCF0022.jpg

I know this is an insane amount of posts in one day, but I realized I did't include any info about my wedding!

Our Escape Wedding
Where: Sea Breeze Point
When: December 31, 2008
Officiant: Ahhh... don't know yet. Asked our home town youth pastor... he said no (due to other obligations), asked my uncle... he's still thinking about it:confused:
Photographer: Randy... thanks to the many ladies on here who suggested him!
Hair/Makeup: Myself, as of now... but I'm considering Ana from Beaute Speciale, because of her cheap price!

Colors: We decided not to stick with certain colors, however the BP will be wearing pale yellow and kaki, but we'll also be including pale blue an other colors to match SBP
Theme: 40's Boardwalk Casual
Cast: Me and David (duh), my sister, Kaitlin, my best friend, Hannah, and my college friend, Natalie are my girls, David's brother, Joe, best friend Jason, and college friend Jonathan are our bridal party!
We will have 18 people total, including me and David.

Awww your so cute together!!! Congrats! the bling is lovely!:goodvibes

Thanks! It's not the best picture in the world of us, but it has sentimental value! We asked a lady to take a picture, and she was really really excited and said "Thank you for including me in your special moment!"

I'll be down in WDW for my wedding during yours! I'm so excited to hear of another New Year's bride! Congrats!!! I can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans! :thumbsup2

Hi Angela,
Love your proposal story! I can't wait to hear all of your details!

Wow! I love your meeting and proposal stories! You can't get more romantic than that! My fiance also proposed to me at the Magic Kingdom and had been carrying the ring around in his pocket all day! He said he couldn't decide where to propose until we walked by the Dumbo ride and he though "What the heck... this will work!" So, I didn't get the castle/firework proposal like you, but I got the proposal while riding Dumbo! :dumbo: I love your PJ so far! I am glad you are posting pictures now... keep them coming! I can't wait for more!

HI!!!! WOO HOO another NYE bride!!!! I love wedding's on NYE!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Your pictures are cute,I love your tat :) your ring is gorgeous too!!! Can't wait to hear all of your details!!

Wow! I love your meeting and proposal stories! You can't get more romantic than that! My fiance also proposed to me at the Magic Kingdom and had been carrying the ring around in his pocket all day! He said he couldn't decide where to propose until we walked by the Dumbo ride and he though "What the heck... this will work!" So, I didn't get the castle/firework proposal like you, but I got the proposal while riding Dumbo! :dumbo: I love your PJ so far! I am glad you are posting pictures now... keep them coming! I can't wait for more!

Thanks! I loved your story though! I would have loved Dumbo proposal just as much lol!

HI!!!! WOO HOO another NYE bride!!!! I love wedding's on NYE!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Your pictures are cute,I love your tat :) your ring is gorgeous too!!! Can't wait to hear all of your details!!

Thank you, thank you! Can I say that I love your red hair! Love it!

I think your history together is soo cute. You always have been and will always be meant for eachother. Good luck planning ill be following along :surfweb:

I think your history together is soo cute. You always have been and will always be meant for eachother. Good luck planning ill be following along :surfweb:

Thanks! I think so too :goodvibes It's exciting to see people are interested in reading my PJ! I was scared no one would care lol.

Aww... Your PJ just jumped off the page when I noticed your names! My Mum and Dad are Angela and David!! They will have been married for 37 years in December are more in love now than the day they met! I just wanted to say congratulations on your engagement, have loads of fun planning your wedding.. and if your life together is as complete and happy as my folks is, then you won't go far wrong! :lovestruc

Aww... Your PJ just jumped off the page when I noticed your names! My Mum and Dad are Angela and David!! They will have been married for 37 years in December are more in love now than the day they met! I just wanted to say congratulations on your engagement, have loads of fun planning your wedding.. and if your life together is as complete and happy as my folks is, then you won't go far wrong! :lovestruc

Aww! That gave me goosebumps. Let's hope there's luck in the names then!

Enjoying your plans so far! Can't wait to read more. We will be married three weeks and one day after you!

I don't have a lot of time at school, so this is probably going to be the last update for a while!

Since David is a reader of the Dis, I can only post the links. I want to wait to post me in the dress for when I lose a little weight and the right color comes in, but this is my dress... http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2039&prodgroup=123

My shoes (dyed red):
s07_Gizelle_psd.jpg

And POSSIBLY the BM dresses (I keep changing my mind):
s08_8585_psd.jpg

We are thinking presently, of going with an "all white/kaki" look for the BP, has anyone else done this?

My hair inspriations:
fae259b1166a826f943f9ea9d8de31b8_m.jpg

47b7db04b3127cce84a82542e9af0000002.jpg

kiss.jpg

My makeup inspirations:
fd0030b4072db1e2470838b265d5a27b_m.jpg

47b6ce25b3127cce8d8b45ffeec50000001.jpg

4f023c523c07fcf47372b8da1847c116_m.jpg

Congrats on the engagement and happy planning! Loving the info and all the pics!

I just started my PJ too and I was afraid no one would be interested...so far Ive had one or two replies, think Im doing something wrong...I can ramble abit so perhaps need to change tact? Doesnt really matter I love reading everyone elses PJ's so keep the posts coming!

Im getting married in 1 month so Im nearly, if I can help with any questions (Im no expert but I can try) please shout!

:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter