Animal kingdom,saratoga or old key west with a 2 and 4 yer old?

Mflaherty

Mouseketeer
I'm aware of the sizes and layouts of these resorts.. We r booking late so these resorts are available. Most likely will stay in a studio unless I can get a value 1 bedroom at akv( doubtful I know).oh and no car. What do u like or not like about any of these? If akv then jambo or kidani?

I like OKW studios because they are larger and have 2 queen beds, but with the ages of your kids, I would go with SSR and request the Padock section or AKV Kidani as both of those have Great pools for younger kids. If QS is important to you, than I would go with SSR, as AKV only has it at Jambo.

I would pick AKV Jambo because of quick service Mara being right there. My DCuz and family with their 5 year old son loved Jambo savannah view studio this past week.

I had mentioned the additional water features at Kidani, but they said they had more than enough to do at Jambo, pool, playground, animal viewing!

I would pick AKV Jambo because of quick service Mara being right there. My DCuz and family with their 5 year old son loved Jambo savannah view studio this past week. I had mentioned the additional water features at Kidani, but they said they had more than enough to do at Jambo, pool, playground, animal viewing!

I would do jambo akv too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm aware of the sizes and layouts of these resorts.. We r booking late so these resorts are available. Most likely will stay in a studio unless I can get a value 1 bedroom at akv( doubtful I know).oh and no car. What do u like or not like about any of these? If akv then jambo or kidani?
AKV first, SSR second and OKW last. We love OKW as well but I would not do so without a car, even SSR & AKV lend themselves to having a car.

We've stayed at all of those. I'd pick AKV--Kidani. Kidani has the water play area (fountains, etc) and the community hall to do crafts/play games. Kidani all floors are DVC--Jambo it's just floors 5 and 6? Jambo does have the quick service restaurant, so if that's important to you, you might prefer that. I found Jambo lobby too busy for me and enjoyed quieter Kidani.

I would do AKV Jambo, then AKV Kidani, then either SSR or OKW. AKV is terrific because the 2 and 4 year old will enjoy seeing the animals around the resort when you need a break from the parks. I find at least with a little one, I end up spend a lot more time at my resort than someone without little kids. I really like the restaurants at AKV. Sanaa (in Kidani) is sit down, but depending on where you are seated, you can watch animals while you eat. Mara (in Jambo) is QS. Boma (in Jambo is buffet, and while pricey has a huge selection of foods and because it is a buffet there is pretty much no wait once you're seated to eat, and Jiko is fancy and has delicious food. (though it is a little more formal.) AKV (both Jambo and Kidani) have terrific pools and share pools with one another. You can walk between the two resorts or take a shuttle bus. (We like to walk, it's flat and easier with a stroller.) AKV is very convenient to AK Park by bus, which tends to be popular with the little ones.

I'm less fond of OKW because while the rooms are large, unless you're on the 1st floor or a HA room, there are no elevators. I have a lightweight stroller, but having to go up and down 2-3 flights of stairs several times a day carrying DD and the stroller on top of walking around the parks is just not my first choice.

I'm so glad you mentioned the stroller issue at OKW. I was thinking about that, also. We'll be taking our DGDs next year, who'll also be 2 and almost 4 yo. DH wants to stay at OKW, but I'm leaning towards BCV, so that the girls can get into strollers in their rooms, and never see stairs again. And entering through the IG always seems less crowded (also DS and DDIL are already planning going to Epcot for "a quick drink" after the girls go to bed-umm, I think that means we're babysitting).

OKW doesn't have elevators, so if you're on the second or third floor you'll have to carry your kids up the stairs after a long day at the park.

Also there's a reason it's called OLD Key West as the average age of a guest there is about 72!

I vote for AKV Jambo followed by AKV Kidani, followed by SSR, and only OKW if you have no other options.

Although my daughter did like the balloon animal they gave her at the OKW check in counter. Outside of that, OKW is attractive to the golfing/retired/gray haired crowd.

If you plan to use the quick service at the resort daily, I'd choose Jambo House over Kidani. However, if you will mainly be cooking in the room or making simple meals for breakfast and lunch or eating at the parks. I would stay at Kidani Village for the Water Play area at Samawati Springs Pool. They have a special area just for the little ones.

DSCN5044.jpg

DSCN5045.jpg

DSCN5047.jpg

The Value villas are only at Jambo House, so that would make the decision for you.

I am going against the grain and saying SSR. we were there with a 1,2, and 3 year old and loved it!!! three pool options with splash areas, two with zero entry and two good quick service options (the main one is a tables in wonderland location too if you have that). we absolutely loved it!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I just realized you asked about OKW as well. The only reason I would not select OKW for a family with toddlers or infants is because of the stairs. Very few of the buildings have elevators. And you cannot guarantee to get a first floor villa. When we stayed at OKW were were on the third floor. I kept thinking about our niece with her twins and the stroller and everything else she carries around for the kids. No way would I want to carry all that up two flights of stairs that could be in the rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter