• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom Strategy

anna0513

Mouseketeer
We have an upcoming trip the end of September and unfortunately no fastpass for Flight of Passage. The park hours still say 9-9 but I'm sure they will change to 8 a.m. opening by the time we go. (they always do). My question is....does anyone know what the earliest bus out of Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House is? I think we need to be there before rope drop or the lines will just be unbearable with a three year old.

We booked a last-minute trip for Labor Day weekend and, with much refreshing, I was able to score FP’s for FOP. Take any time you can get it then modify. People also report that taking a ROL FP then modifying that a to try for FOP works better than trying from scratch. It took a week, but every night when I was sitting in front of the TV, I would just keep trying-9:00, 9:30’ etc.

Also, uou may wish to consider just taking a cab to AK. Your total will probavly be 10 bucks. With a 3 year old I’d consider that a bargain over waiting for a bus.

I think the buses start around 6:30ish for an 8am opening. I suppose you have to pick your poison. Waiting in line at RD or doing ride share later on in the day while one parent takes the child on another ride/activity.

I would try going on FOP during ROL or something, maybe the lines will be a little less crowded since everyone probably is going to it. Otherwise, try right before the park closes, the lines might be shorter, but if worst comes to worst just get in the line, they probably can't kick you out and you could ride the ride than leave the park without worrying that you are wasting park time by waiting in line.

We're there on the 28th and the 29th is EMH for AK. We're going to try to rope drop FOP that day.

I’ve repeatedly heard that best best is at park closing... ignore the “wait time” postings and get on the line. You won’t be kicked off line or out of park... the wait is typically less than posted and you haven’t wasted hours on line waiting or arising with rosters. And just keep trying for either ride and modify.
Best of luck. It’s AWEsome!

If park opening is moved up to 8am, keep a close eye out for 8-9 am FoP FPs to appear. This worked for us in March, although it was several days after the hours were extended before the new FP times were dropped.

If park opening is moved up to 8am, keep a close eye out for 8-9 am FoP FPs to appear. This worked for us in March, although it was several days after the hours were extended before the new FP times were dropped.
Nice tip!

I’ve repeatedly heard that best best is at park closing... ignore the “wait time” postings and get on the line. You won’t be kicked off line or out of park... the wait is typically less than posted and you haven’t wasted hours on line waiting or arising with rosters. And just keep trying for either ride and modify.
Best of luck. It’s AWEsome!

We have done this several times close to closing (about 15 minutes before). The posted times were about double the real times. We have waited about 15-30 minutes max Plus you get to see all of Pandora lit up at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter