Animal Kingdom to Fort Wilderness

WaltDavisWorld

If you can dream it, you can do it.
What’s the easist and quickest option from AK to FW? We have a holiday sleigh ride scheduled at 9:30 after a day at AK and would like to stay til closing at 8 if possible leaving is an hour and a half for travel. We have a car so would it be best to drive from AK to FW and then use the internal busses or drive to MK and ride the boat over taking us right where we need to be? Hope that makes sense, Thanks!

I would just drive to FW and use the internals-if you drive to MK,you will have to Park at TTC and THEN Monorail or Ferry to the FW Boat Dock at MK.

And,depending on how late MK is open,it could be "challenging" getting back to TTC.:)

We have a car so would it be best to drive from AK to FW and then use the internal busses or drive to MK and ride the boat over taking us right where we need to be? Hope that makes sense, Thanks!
That makes sense and is the easiest and quickest option.

The amount of time it would take to park at MK (the TTC), take the Ferry or Monorail to the FW boat and take the boat to FW is considerably longer than the 5 to 10 minutes it will take on the FW internal buses.

Yeah that is true, it would take forever to get from TTC to MK especially later in the night. So one other option I thought of is what if we used Uber to drop up off then rode the boat over? Does the boat only go from MK to FW or does it make other stops at Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge? I didn’t love the internal bus at FW the last time we used it going to the Chip & Dale’s campfire. Seemed to take way longer than nessesary, so I was trying to avoid it if I could. Plus with us traveling over at fireworks time it would be nice to see them from the boat while getting where we’re going. So was thinking maybe if we used Uber to drop us off at either of those resorts then rode the boat may work. Any thoughts?

Yes, you could take Uber from AK to the Contemporary and take the boat - that boat goes to Wilderness Lodge and then FW. It is so nice seeing the fireworks from the boat that during that time the line to get on it is crazy long. Won't save you any time, but will make a nice trip if you can get the boat at the right time. There are only two boats so it will take considerably longer than buses you are trying to avoid.

Then there is getting back to your car at AK - boat to Contemporary > Uber to AK. It will be well after 10PM, will they let you into the AK lot to get your car? I suspect so, but don't know for sure.

This is why it’s always best to run through options first haha. Will stick with driving over and using the buses then since that would be easiest. Ideally I would plan it on another night, but it’s this one or arrival day. May have to consider switching it to save the stress after a full day at AK. Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter