Annual Pass (Resident and Non-Florida Resident) Pick-Up at Park only?

Chinedu

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I was surprised to learn this morning that the only way to obtain the annual passes I just bought was to pick them up at either IOA or USF. Is this something new? The last time we went to Universal (2012) they were sent via email to me an I had my pass before I got to the park.

This kinda bugs me because of issues with checking in with APH rates. I'm just wondering, because it seems like quite a burden to fly into Orlando, get to the hotel (we're staying at PBH), drop off our bags, go to the park, return to the hotel and then check-in in order to get the APH rate. I totally understand why Universal wants to verify identities but I don't get this. Why not have the ability to obtain these at an on-site hotel?

Usually the hotels don't care when you show them your AP, as long as you show it before checking out. Let the front desk know when checking in...it's not an issue.

We picked ours up out front of the gates, if you have to go that way, go early, if possible. It took us 25 mins to get everything straightened out & passes made (but there were 7 of us...somehow it got turned around in the system & the kids were being printed as adults and vice versa.) Anywho, by the time we were done, it was 25 mins til opening, and the line behind us for the Ticket Desk was LONG!

Thanks Kivara for the response. I want to pay for the hotel before we arrive. Does it matter about having the actual AP in that case? (I have my email confirmation).

Last few trips we booked through AAA and prepaid the entire stay's amount. Just show the AP sometime during your stay or you might get a hefty upcharge when you go to check out (looking like an unpaid balance, but that would be the difference between the AP price and regular room price.)

They really are great about working with people :)

There are kiosks in the hotel for ticket pick up. Nobody seems to be quite sure if they can still be used for AP pick up or not. The wording on the order page has changed. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, then just use the park kiosks. If it does work, then please report back here to let us all know!

The front desk won't give you an issue. They may not even ask to see the AP, but if they do, just tell them that you still need to pick them up. It won't be a problem.

Thanks for the info. Will absolutely let everyone know how it goes.

I'll be at RPR later this week. I'll check on the hotel kiosk and report back. I know when I got my AP I picked it up at the hotel kiosk. I remember FL residents had to get their AP's at the park. Not sure why but, it didn't affect me so I didn't ask.

I'll be at RPR later this week. I'll check on the hotel kiosk and report back. I know when I got my AP I picked it up at the hotel kiosk. I remember FL residents had to get their AP's at the park. Not sure why but, it didn't affect me so I didn't ask.

That would be great. On the checkout page on the website, it used to say you could pick the APs up at the will-call kiosk. Now it says ticket window pick-up, which is a pain in the butt when the lines are long! It would be really helpful if we knew that, as that question comes up a lot!

Last edited:
That would be great. One the checkout page on the website, it used to say you could pick the APs up at the will-call kiosk. Now it says ticket window pick-up, which is a pain in the butt when the lines are long! It would be really helpful if we knew that, as that question comes up a lot!
Couldn't agree more! Bump this up Thursday please! I tend to forget stuff when I'm "home."

That would be great. One the checkout page on the website, it used to say you could pick the APs up at the will-call kiosk. Now it says ticket window pick-up, which is a pain in the butt when the lines are long! It would be really helpful if we knew that, as that question comes up a lot!
Haha yes I was so annoyed at my friend for picking ticket window! She didn't know any better... It was HRH opening weekend and we got to the park around 3. Needless to say we waited about 45 minutes to get it. DOH!

probably due to proving residency if it is a new pass.

That was the reason although I don't get why showing a FL ID would be different at the hotel than at the park.:rolleyes1
I'll find out though!

Last edited:
This kinda bugs me because of issues with checking in with APH rates.

There will be NO issues checking in for APH rates without an AP in hand. Zero issues.

The last time we went to Universal (2012) they were sent via email to me an I had my pass before I got to the park.

How did that work?

On the checkout page on the website, it used to say you could pick the APs up at the will-call kiosk. Now it says ticket window pick-up

When I bought mine, in 2011, it stated clearly to go to the willcall WINDOW.

I took a chance and used the kiosk. And it worked beautifully.

I'm not sure there's really been a change in wording, given my experience.

Though I'm still not sure if you can use the kiosk in the hotel. Since I didn't use that. And I've had the AP ever since. :)

There will be NO issues checking in for APH rates without an AP in hand. Zero issues.

How did that work?
I think that it was sent to me as a email card. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I had something in hand when we checked into the hotel. Maybe I'm wrong....

When I bought mine, in 2011, it stated clearly to go to the willcall WINDOW.

I took a chance and used the kiosk. And it worked beautifully.

I'm not sure there's really been a change in wording, given my experience.

Though I'm still not sure if you can use the kiosk in the hotel. Since I didn't use that. And I've had the AP ever since. :)

Just say "I'll be getting my pass later, when should I be back to show it to you?" And they will tell you when. (in my case they have never once told me to come back.)

Checked on this. The ticket / AP is in the same spot it has been for years in the lobby at RPR. Will call or kiosk pickup can get their tickets / pass in the lobby. FL residents still have to go to guests services at the parks to get their tickets / pass.

Checked on this. The ticket / AP is in the same spot it has been for years in the lobby at RPR. Will call or kiosk pickup can get their tickets / pass in the lobby. FL residents still have to go to guests services at the parks to get their tickets / pass.

Did you ask the ticket concierge guy if you can still get annual passes there? We knew that people could still get their normal tickets there, just not sure if you could still get the APs there.

Did you ask the ticket concierge guy if you can still get annual passes there? We knew that people could still get their normal tickets there, just not sure if you could still get the APs there.

I think you missed ticket / AP damo.

I think you missed ticket / AP damo.

No, I saw that but just because the machine is still there, doesn't mean that you can still pick up both tickets and APs there. It may only be there for tickets now. It would be nice to have confirmation that you can still pick up both tickets and APs from the kiosks even though it doesn't give that as a pickup location on the checkout page for APs. It still gives the kiosks as a pickup location for tickets on the checkout page, so that didn't concern me.

No, I saw that but just because the machine is still there, doesn't mean that you can still pick up both tickets and APs there. It may only be there for tickets now. It would be nice to have confirmation that you can still pick up both tickets and APs from the kiosks even though it doesn't give that as a pickup location on the checkout page for APs. It still gives the kiosks as a pickup location for tickets on the checkout page, so that didn't concern me.
Yes, you can get still get AP's as long as it's not a FL resident AP. I asked specifically about that. You can even get military tickets there if you book a package. My mom got my nephew a mil ticket so we went to GS last night to activate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter