ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

I’m pretty sure there will be a virtual queue waiting room tomorrow. I’ll be in the bleachers watching. We still have passes and my adult daughters and families said that price is too rich for them.

6 AM EST = 5 AM CST = 4 AM MST = 3 AM PST

You have a year to activate. Once activated, you have a year to use -- so you don't lose anything. So if you buy in the 2nd half of 2023 (less than a year from your 2024 trip) you'll be fine and won't be affected by any price increases that occur between 2nd half of 2023 and your trip.
Well this confused me a little. Activated means the pass is live and the countdown to renewal has started right? I technically don't need the pass until Nov 2024. So I need my renewal date to be Nov 2024-2025. I'm trying to work in two 7 day trips and I know it's in that time frame

Just talked with them about upgrade of pixie with an exportation in June to the sorcerer pass tomorrow… I was SHOCKED. To learn that if I want to upgrade the difference bertwenn the two passes would be due .. over 500 and the expiration date would remain as June 2023. NO prorating will be done …. This MAKES no Sense except another example of Disney screwing dvc members…. I am getting to the point of being done won’t Disney and all of this bull crap

Well this confused me a little. Activated means the pass is live and the countdown to renewal has started right? I technically don't need the pass until Nov 2024. So I need my renewal date to be Nov 2024-2025. I'm trying to work in two 7 day trips and I know it's in that time frame
Good luck .. Disney will
Find a way to screw it up

Just talked with them about upgrade of pixie with an exportation in June to the sorcerer pass tomorrow… I was SHOCKED. To learn that if I want to upgrade the difference bertwenn the two passes would be due .. over 500 and the expiration date would remain as June 2023. NO prorating will be done …. This MAKES no Sense except another example of Disney screwing dvc members…. I am getting to the point of being done won’t Disney and all of this bull crap

It makes more sense to wait until your renewal time to upgrade it sounds like.

Disney has never prorated the cost of AP upgrades.

No you would see your old pass in MDE and expire 2023 date and also new Upgraded Pass with that original month and day / activate 2023 and expire original month and day / expire 2024 .
The Park Pass Reservations will reflect the current blockout dates and then change to expand the calendar when the new pass date starts .

So next week is the true expire date or the window 60 day Open or the 30 day after pass expire window. ?

Curretnly my pass expires 4/27/23 I renewed immediately at 60 day window but still had to follow the amount of reservations days I could use And could start making park pass reservation days in my new purchase renewal year for Hallloween and New Years .

No you would see your old pass in MDE and expire 2023 date and also new Upgraded Pass with that original month and day / activate 2023 and expire original month and day / expire 2024 .
The Park Pass Reservations will reflect the current blockout dates and then change to expand the calendar when the new pass date starts .

So next week is the true expire date or the window 60 day Open or the 30 day after pass expire window. ?

Curretnly my pass expires 4/27/23 I renewed immediately at 60 day window but still had to follow the amount of reservations days I could use And could start making park pass reservation days in my new purchase renewal year for Hallloween and New Years .
So if my pixie renews mid July - I can upgrade in May ? Probably makes no sense to upgrade now

So if my pixie renews mid July - I can upgrade in May ? Probably makes no sense to upgrade now
Your renewal window opens 60 days prior to expiration. That would be mid-May. At that time you can renew to any pass for which you are eligible.

It's mid April now. Why not just wait a month or so until mid-May and upgrade then? That's what I would do. Strongly doubt that park reservations for Halloween or the Holiday season would be full that early in the year.

Of course, if you want NYE you'll have to upgrade to the Incredipass. AFAIK, you can't upgrade a Pixie to the Incredipass until your renewal window opens. You can buy a NEW Sorcerer pass beginning on April 13 or a NEW Incredipass beginning.on April 20.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been covered and I missed it but, can you use gift cards to pay for the annual passes? Also, can you use paypal?

I didn’t see it discussed here although I may have missed it, but the biggest news in this morning’s email is an expectation that the “DVC” Sorcerer Pass would be made available from time to time through the year - even if it’s not made available to FL residents.

This is an accommodation made specifically for sales. They want to be able to say that - even if the pass isn’t available at this moment - Disney has made at least a near term commitment to DVC pass availability, prioritizing it over FL residents.

I think that’s pretty big news.

Eligible owners have access to the Sorcerer Pass which is less expensive than the Incredi pass. So, if you are traveling outside of Thanksgiving and Xmas, this pass will save you money...its $969 plus tax vs. the Incredi pass which is $1399 plus tax.

On April 13th, DVC owners can purchase the Sorcerer Pass before FL residents...anyone wanting an Incredi pass, DVC owner or not, can purchase beginning April 20th.
Sandisw, that is a great idea! Is there a thread or resource somewhere to which we can go and learn how to do the same? Thanks so much!

I can't find the answer to this question. My husband and I are DVC members and have the Sorcerer's pass and would like to buy one for our 19 year old college daughter. Is she eligible since we are DVC members or not since she is 18? Thank you

I can't find the answer to this question. My husband and I are DVC members and have the Sorcerer's pass and would like to buy one for our 19 year old college daughter. Is she eligible since we are DVC members or not since she is 18? Thank you
If she still has an ID with your address, she is OK (8 AP's per household). If she no longer shares your address, then she is not eligible. I think a couple of recent bills sent to her at your address will count as address proof.

I didn’t see it discussed here although I may have missed it, but the biggest news in this morning’s email is an expectation that the “DVC” Sorcerer Pass would be made available from time to time through the year - even if it’s not made available to FL residents.

This is an accommodation made specifically for sales. They want to be able to say that - even if the pass isn’t available at this moment - Disney has made at least a near term commitment to DVC pass availability, prioritizing it over FL residents.

I think that’s pretty big news.

There are about 300,000 DVC members (not sure how many of those are eligible members however) - even if every single one of them bought a Sorcerer pass, that's not really making a dent in the turnstiles at Magic Kingdom. There's no real compelling reason why they can't be perpetually available to all eligible DVC members at all times in my mind.

It makes more sense to wait until your renewal time to upgrade it sounds like.

There are about 300,000 DVC members (not sure how many of those are eligible members however) - even if every single one of them bought a Sorcerer pass, that's not really making a dent in the turnstiles at Magic Kingdom. There's no real compelling reason why they can't be perpetually available to all eligible DVC members at all times in my mind.
I hope that is true. It should be. DVC members offer more financial benefit to the company than Florida residents alone. It always chaffed me that DVCers were only permitted 2 levels of AP and no monthly payment plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter