• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

I am, but the 12 times I've tried so far resulted in a busy signal. How many tries did it take you to get through?
I dialed immediately at 7am ET and got the "call us when we're open at 7AM ET" so I tried again and got the busy signal, tried once more (still at 7am ET) and it went through. If you can get in though, just sit tight and wait it out. The CMs computer system probably holds up better than the overloaded web servers.

Have been on a call for 3 hours trying to get them. CM said servers are running slow and they are having issues. All my families names are in and linked, just having issues getting to where we can pay now.

I just saw my phone browser said my queue turn had come and gone which is okay because I got them on the phone already, but to share a data point:

6:48am ET - joined the virtual queue
11:22am ET - my turn arrived
11:32am ET - my turn expired

So it was 3h34m in the virtual queue and I was there in the first few moments this morning when the queue opened. Wowza.

Somebody explain to me why Disney doesn't hire Google, Microsoft, Amazon or Apple to make their website and or online checkout process? Disney tech is ALWAYS horrible and probably still uses DOS.
It's so easy these days with cloud infrastructure to have site capacity automatically scale for peak demand, it's an absolute crime that Disney's online systems are this bad. 10 years ago it was hard, not any more. Get it together Disney!

Message last updated: 2:28 PM ET

We thank you and all our fans for the incredible enthusiasm for the Passholder program. Due to high popularity of our Annual Passes, please know wait times may exceed several hours. We anticipate a pass or select passes may become unavailable for purchase later today. Continue to check here for updates.

Oooof! I had to run out and missed the queue on my computer. Darn! I re-entered, and am also in a queue on my phone, so we'll see. Maybe this isn't my year :genie:

Got back to my desk and didn't realize I had left a browser trying there too.

Entered queue: 7:03AM ET.
My turn: 12:57PM ET (expired 10 mins later)

So that one was 15 mins later getting in the queue and took 1.5 hours longer for its turn. Now I need to make sure I'm not holding any queue spots elsewhere!

I finally made it through at 5:10 PM in the queue I entered on my phone. Then I was able to purchase our passes. I can't remember if I started in that queue at my house before I left at 10:45 or closer to noon. Either way, it was a very long wait.

I tried the phone line about 60 times throughout the day... never had luck with that.

I hope everyone got through eventually! Now off to plan trips... :rolleyes1:earsgirl:

SUCCESS at 915AM after 3 hours fifteen minutes of watching waiting and stressing...DRAMMMAAAA...went from 10 minutes to over an hour down to 16 back to 35 back to an hour to recalculating...but FINALLY GOT IT!! Was anyone else lucky?
I now have the fun task to change my upcoming reservation packages with tickets to include my AP - wish me luck!

Started refreshing at 5:59am on April 20th.
Only “Not on Sale Yet” Space Mountain screen until about 6:45am, when it changed to:
“Queue will open soon”. Then, about two minutes later, I was in the queue with “more than an hour” wait.
I checked again at 7:20am and I was able to enter the site. As of 7:27am, I became a pass holder. And yes, it does feel different!
Booked a stay with my new discount that I’m calling “Activating The Magic”. See you in May.

As Pooh would say - "Oh bother!"

I forgot to request the add-on of photo downloads while on the phone purchasing a pass yesterday. Anyone happen to know if this can be done later to save me calling in again? Thanks!

I forgot to request the add-on of photo downloads while on the phone purchasing a pass yesterday. Anyone happen to know if this can be done later to save me calling in again? Thanks!
Shouldn’t be a problem to add on at Guest Relations in person.

I just added the $99 (+tax) photo pass add-on to my Sorcerer pass yesterday, after I forgot to add it in the frenzy to buy it last week. You can do it online. Just log in to MDE and click on upgrade pass.

I just added the $99 (+tax) photo pass add-on to my Sorcerer pass yesterday, after I forgot to add it in the frenzy to buy it last week. You can do it online. Just log in to MDE and click on upgrade pass.
Wow I had no idea you could do it through MDE. Thats really nice.

Dumb question.
Do I have to add it to all the passes I purchased?

Got this email...so is it not necessary to stop at Guest Relations?

Important Information For Your First Visit
For your first visit, you can go straight to park entry if you follow these 3 steps!

Step 1 – Plan When to Go

Make a theme park reservation. Or visit after 2PM without needing a park reservation, except Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Pass blockouts continue to apply.
Step 2 – Get Ready for Your First Visit

Set up Disney MagicMobile service, a convenient way to access MagicBand features like theme park entry, in the My Disney Experience app, available on eligible iPhones, Apple Watch or Google Pay enabled Android phones. Or you can use an existing MagicBand or admission media card already connected to your account.

Step 3 – Go Directly to Park Entrance

Go straight to the park entrance and scan your Disney MagicMobile pass, MagicBand, or other admission media card!

Thank you for becoming an Annual Passholder! Enjoy Passholder Magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter