Annual passes - delivery to UK

Peebee

Disney Dad
I'm thinking about buying our annual passes now for our next trip in May 2003 - taking advantage of the current exchange rates and also spreading the cost a little!

Has anyone here purchased from the US for delivery to the UK - did you have to pay import duty on the cost of the tickets ? I know that you receive vouchers rather than tickets and wonder if that would make any difference to how customs treat things.

I've bought DVDs from the US before and occasionally these have attacted duty, but am a little worried about getting hit for tax on a pair of $350 passes - that would certainly wipe out any savings!

Thanks for your help,
Paul

We have ordered tickets from WDW and Universal before and never had to pay any extra charges :D

Kaylee

They don't attract any customs or excise duty. Unlike a DVD they've no intrinsic value. They're just entry media to an attraction in the US and so you're not actually importing anything.

Thanks guys - that makes me feel much better - the online Disney tickets site helpfully mentions that the buyer is responsible for local duties and taxes, but I guess they are just covering themselves just in case.

Cheers,
Paul

I ordered mine earlier this year, plastic exchange vouchers were sent and arrived within a week :) No customs charges at all.

PB

Just a word of advice,
If your ordering by phone, sometimes you'll get a CM that doesn't know what they are doing.

I have just ordered Annual tickets and MVMCP tickets, went through the whole ordering process, then the CM told me that the computer wouldn't accept my postal code. She checked with the supervisor then came back to tell me that they did NOT ship outside of the USA.

So as politely as I could I informed her that she was wrong, I insisted on speaking to several people before I eventually got someone who knew how to work the computer.

Tickets were ordered and confirmation number issued within 5 mins, with someone on the computer that knew what she was doing.

So if you get told they dont ship to the UK inform them that they are wrong.
This is the second time I've had this and other people have reported the same type of problems. The most common is over charging for shipping.
it's $3 for standard 21 day shipping from USA to UK. A lot of people get charged $10 which is the express delivery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter