Annual Passholder's Lounge in AK

Minnie's Guy

Mouseketeer
We found the Annual Passholder's Lounge in the
Animal Kingdom on our last visit in June. Enjoyed many
visits to the lounge in August. WHAT AN INCENTIVE for
annual passholder's. I only wish they would open them
in all the parks. Very friendly CMs in the lounges.
Also the cold water and fast passes are great.
We enjoy talking to other guests and didn't realize
until they left, that there were several moderators
in the lounge the day we were there (BIG pin trading
going on) - how thrilled we were - NEXT YEAR we
will definitely get those lime green ribbons before we
leave home.

Just curious ... where is the annual passholder's ounge at AK? I don't remember reading anything in my AP literature about it. Thank you.

My family is going with my mom and her dh who are passholders. Would they let me in with my mother?

The passholder lounge is down by the flame tree barbacue. The free fastpass is great.

The CM at the lounge will write you a "Fastpass" for the number of people in your party for whatever time you would like. They will only give you one at a time but you can come back later in the day for another. There are a few "blackout" times during the day, but for the most part you can get them for what ever time you want. To get to the lounge, head for Asia from the Safari Village. At the "Beastly Bazaar" make a right and you will see it from there. Enjoy !!

I'm intrigued! I just ordered my first AP for our next visit in January.

Any other benefits - I read cold water and FP's, anything else? What about amenities - clean restrooms? What else?

Can my children and husband enter, as well?

thanks for this great tip!
Jo

I heard that in August only the AP holder was allowed in - a mother was but her daughter and friend were not. Anybody had a different experience?

We've enjoyed this "well kept secret" for some time now, and agree with what's been posted so far with one excepton---our understanding is that only one hand-written fastpass per day is allowed per passholder.

In addition to the chilled water (very nice touch!), there is ample room to sit and rest, cool off, and stretch one's legs in the lounge. There are several table and chair sets, as well as other comfortable outdoor seating. There are board games available, and there is a guest book to sign and a passholder's photo album to peruse (brand new and empty last time we were there!). My pin-trading kids especially enjoy the resident pin book that's available for making trades (you pin traders out there will know what I'm talking about).

I must "second" one of the posts above-----we too, would *love* to see AP lounges in all of the parks!!

And BTW, Minnie's Guy-----we enjoyed meeting you in the AP lounge that Monday after the big Pin Event (my girls and I were there trading with the moderators you mentioned!)!! Hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation! :)

Christy (aka DaisyCrazy)

this is a GREAT find!!! we will be getting AP's for our next trip cause its more economic than getting LoS passes... we'll probably return anyhow before they run out...hehe

I'd also like to know if others can join the AP holders in the lounge..cause my BIL and his wife are joining us on our next trip down to the world..

...unfortunately, the AP lounge isn't open to FL resident seasonal passholders.....only ap's. I asked that very question the first time we found the lounge, since we have friends who are FL res. seasonal passholders.

I can say, however, that the CM's don't generally check *every* pass........for example, I've shown them my pass every time I've entered the lounge, but they've never asked to see my kids' passes (they're ap's anyway). Also, on one recent occasion, the CM didn't ask to see our friends' passes when they came with us on their first time in the lounge (also ap's anyway)......ya never know!

Hope this is helpful.

Christy

Hi Daisycrazy !!

We are the ones who met you in the Passholder's lounge. It was the Monday after the Pin Event and you told us how they were going to have the unsold "exclusive" pins available for sale the next day. A big Thank You !! We were able to buy most of the pins we wanted without having to wait in lines during the event. We thought it was a lost cause to try to get those pins. It was very nice talking to you and who knows, now that we are into pintrading, we may plan some of our trips around events and ,ay see you there !! Thanks again !!

They don't run by calendar year, they are good for a year from when you first "activate" it by entering one of the theme parks.

For ex: I bought and activated my AP on Nov. 5, 2001. Any visits to theme parks before Nov 5, 2002 will be covered. What a deal, eh?;)

Yep, I remember you (see my earlier posts on this thread)....and am so glad to hear that you were able to get the event pins after all !! If there are some that you were unable to get, let me recommend the DIS Collector's Board.......and a subset of that---the Pin Trading Board...there are several folks who are trading (or selling at cost) extra pins from the event....
Those boards are also a wonderful source of info. on the latest "happenings" in the pin trading fun, e.g., info. on upcoming pin events, etc.....I highly recommend them!

Please do let me know when you'll be in the parks again.....my kids are always looking for new folks to trade with! We're not Orlando locals, but we do try to get down to the parks as often as possible, school and other life situations permitting! See ya in the Lounge!!

Christy

OK, tell me if I understand the policy right-if I have an AP, but DH doesn't, only I can get into the AP lounge in AK. If that changes, someone please post. Otherwise, I won't even try to go in if he can't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter