Another Direct vs Resale Thread...

How to you what GW’s are available to purchase? Does the guide let you know? I had heard of them for the marathon’s but that’s it.

Almost all weeks are probably available. They do not sell many and most are sold for the first week or two of Dec. You'd have to ask your guide but be aware that many guides have never sold a fixed week and often don't know much about them.

How to you what GW’s are available to purchase? Does the guide let you know? I had heard of them for the marathon’s but that’s it.

You pretty much have to ask. None of them are offering it. But based on the filed deeds and the known limits, week 3/4 is available, mathematically.

They can only sell max 35% of the dedicated units so 35% of 46 studios and 35% of 20 1 bedrooms (so there is an upper limit but many were available when I was there in November). At least when I asked I was told it was of the the dedicated. Also because of the booking categories for the studios you chose and lock in either a walk-in shower or tub. Those are also capped at 35% of their respective quantities.

If you want any race weekend/weeks be sure to ask about special event rights that they started with CCV. These rights are above and beyond a normal fixed week.

Question? I have owned at BWV October UY since 2005. I currently have a contact in ROFR at BWV October UY. I know that prior to the new resale restrictions, if my pending contract closes, the new points would be added to my original contract under the same DVC contract number. Do you think this has changed?

Question? I have owned at BWV October UY since 2005. I currently have a contact in ROFR at BWV October UY. I know that prior to the new resale restrictions, if my pending contract closes, the new points would be added to my original contract under the same DVC contract number. Do you think this has changed?
Your new BWV resale contract would be assigned a new contract number under your current membership.

Assuming your first BWV contract is your only other contract, in your dashboard, that contract appears as 4xxxxxxxxxxxx.000. That is your master contract. If you pass ROFR, your new contract would share the first 12-digits, but would end in .001. 4xxxxxxxxxxxx.001, in your case.

Contracts maintain their home resort priority and whatever limitations that were imposed upon them post-2011, 2016, 2018, 2019. Points aren’t technically “added” to other contracts and live as individual entities until the Mouse decides to combine them.

I would strongly advice you to have a look at the rolled back 2020 reallocation because there are three issues that might affect you, since you're looking in staying in a studio in Adventure season:
- DVC tried to increase the lockoff premium, ie the difference to book a studio and a 1BR separately compared to a 2BR. CCV is a bit protected because it has a lot of dedicated units, so there is a limit on how much they can increase it, but it's still an issue
- DVC tried to reallocate points from the Poly Bungalows to the studios. I cannot remember if they tried at CCV too, but I think not as it's still on sale, but they might do it next time after the resort is sold out
- DVC tried to increase the cost of rooms (on average) in Adventure and Choice seasons and decrease Dream and Magic
We stopped them, but DVC still says they were legally authorized to do all of those so they might try again next year (the last one is without any doubt whitin their capacity). The room you're looking for could cost up to 40% more points in 3 years time.

I would not buy at the moment, if looking at studios in Adventure season, at any resort but in particular at CCV, except for a fixed week.

Your new BWV resale contract would be assigned a new contract number under your current membership.

Assuming your first BWV contract is your only other contract, in your dashboard, that contract appears as 4xxxxxxxxxxxx.000. That is your master contract. If you pass ROFR, your new contract would share the first 12-digits, but would end in .001. 4xxxxxxxxxxxx.001, in your case.

Contracts maintain their home resort priority and whatever limitations that were imposed upon them post-2011, 2016, 2018, 2019. Points aren’t technically “added” to other contracts and live as individual entities until the Mouse decides to combine them.
Thanks

Sorry if this is not the best place to post this question but I don't see it answered elsewhere- With the new restrictions Disney has put on points bought through resale, I am confused how bookings work if I have (example) 75 points purchased direct and 200 bought resale. Can I use my total 275 points 11 months out at my home resort? Will I be able to use my total 275 points at Reflections etc. when it opens? Or can I not combine the 2 contracts that way?
Thanks for any help! This isn't something I am doing immediately but I am a dreamer and a planner.

Sorry if this is not the best place to post this question but I don't see it answered elsewhere- With the new restrictions Disney has put on points bought through resale, I am confused how bookings work if I have (example) 75 points purchased direct and 200 bought resale. Can I use my total 275 points 11 months out at my home resort? Will I be able to use my total 275 points at Reflections etc. when it opens? Or can I not combine the 2 contracts that way?
Thanks for any help! This isn't something I am doing immediately but I am a dreamer and a planner.
When booking at your home resort they will be treated the same. However, if your resale contract is bought after 1/19/19, then if can only be used at your home resort (and one of the original 14). Those restrictions on how the points can be used are on a contract by contract basis.

As I said above the studios but also other rooms will be very difficult to get at CCV due to the issues Drusba explains so clearly. There is no other property at WDW displaying the availibility issues of CCV, none. 7 months all year forget studios, and touch and go on 1 beds. September to early Jan forget studios if not booked at 11 months. September to December pre Xmas touch and go on 1 beds at 7 months. Xmas and other peak periods you’ll need to walk studios to be sure of booking and possibly walk 1 beds which is unprecedented. I did a calculation a few weeks back on another post and the points in cabins over an Xmas period of 10 days easily exceeded the points availible in studios.

I think that is due to the popularity of the "new resort" and other factors. May agree on the studios, as there are not as many, and many people have bought 100-125-150 points. BUT, as indicated in a previous post, the "average buyer" of CCV is 150-155 points. So, don't know if that is necessarily true as the "cheaper" point buyers buying 100 points. As for 1BR, I have not had any problem at 11 months getting the 1BR I wanted. I think the whole "idea" is to BE FLEXIBLE in your dates. If you can do that, I think CCV is a good choice. IF you are set on the week before Christmas, that is another animal....
Just my .02.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter