Another faxing room request question(s) and All Stars Music help

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
We are checking in to the All Stars Music on the 25th. I want to start getting things in order about room request. How many days in advance should I fax it? To who's attention do I send it to?

I don't know much about Music so what is a good building close to everything, food court, bus stops, pool. I know the preffered rooms are the closest, but I was too cheap to spend the extra money this time around! LOL
I have a walking disability, so I'd like to get as close as possible. (I'm secretly hoping they will upgrade me to a preferrred room) :D
There are 3 floors, right, with an elevator. I'm thinking I'd prefer the top. What about views, do they have any?
I'm not going to get picky with my request, I just want to know all the facts so I can choose my preferences accordinaly (sp?)
Anyhow....any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks so much!

The Calypso is the closest, but they now charge $1.00 more per night to stay in that building. The next closest is the Jazz building.

Originally posted by Carl
The Calypso is the closest, but they now charge $1.00 more per night to stay in that building. The next closest is the Jazz building.

$1.00 or $10.00 a night extra? If it's a buck well, no problem, but $10.00, that's another $70. :(

How long are the buildings? should I ask for a particular side or anything?

Ask for a courtyard view of Jazz.

That is the closest building after Calypso.

also check out the following website for details about faxing room requests and more info on All-Stars

http://www.wdwig.com/as_layout.htm

When we were there in Dec. we were in Calypso and it was $10 more per night.

Couldn't really advise you as to views - we were on the ground floor, and it was rainy a lot of the time so we didn't explore the resort as much as I would have liked. We enjoyed our stay though and are trying AS Movies for our next trip.

Have fun!

I was just at ASMu. I was on my own, and requested Jazz Bldg 2 (as a woman on my own, I did not want to be all the way to the back of the resort, and isolated). I was very pleasantly surprised to be in Calypso, Bldg 1. (smoking bldg, I had a non smoking room, and it was fine). I was steps from the pool, the food court, and the main check in/buses. I was on the 3rd floor, and it was very quiet. I would have been just as happy in Jazz as well.

Have a great time! It is a neat resort.

Howdy!!!
This is my first post (except to test my countdown -howvery cool). Anyhow, I too am staying at ASMusic starting June 9. Can someone tell me the fax number and also when I should fax my request? Should I do it now or wait until closer to our arrival date? My most important concern is that we get a non-smoking room. But it would be great to ensure somthing in one of teh Jazz bldgs if possible. Thanks for the help!

Zippa

Originally posted by debster812
I was just at ASMu. I was on my own, and requested Jazz Bldg 2 (as a woman on my own, I did not want to be all the way to the back of the resort, and isolated). I was very pleasantly surprised to be in Calypso, Bldg 1. (smoking bldg, I had a non smoking room, and it was fine). I was steps from the pool, the food court, and the main check in/buses. I was on the 3rd floor, and it was very quiet. I would have been just as happy in Jazz as well.

Have a great time! It is a neat resort.

Did you mentioned to them you were going to be a woman on your own? Is that why maybe they gave you the closer building?

Also, if I am checking in on a Friday, what day should I send the fax? Thanks!

I did mention that I was a woman on my own, and would feel better being in the 'middle of things' I'm pretty sure that's why I was put where I was. I arrived on a Saturday, and I sent my fax on a Wednesday.

Here is a copy/paste of the note I sent:

Disney’s All Star Music Resort
Attn: Room Assignor
Date: April 1, 2003
Re: Confirmation #
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Warm Greetings from a Snowy New England. Yes, that’s right, snow here on April 1st! I will be so glad to be arriving at Walt Disney World on April 5th.

I would like to see if I could possibly be assigned a non smoking room, in the Jazz section, on the third floor if possible. I will be a single woman traveling on my own, and would like not being very isolated if it is at all possible.

Thanks so much for your help with this, and I look forward to seeing you all very soon!

Warmest Regards,

And...if you click this link, it gives the phone and fax numbers to all the resorts:

Room Request Faxes

Hope this helps you all!

I usually fax in to the attention of the room assignor approx three days before arrival. The last time (January) I forgot! :eek: Guess what -- Didn't matter. :)
But I had bugged my DU rep, Dagny, to give them my preferences when she booked for me. So that may be the difference.
Jazz is the next closest from the preferred.
In October, we stayed in Calypso. In January, Rock Inn.
And I have NO complaints. Even though it's *in the back* of the resort, it's not THAT far. It was still a shorter walk from Jazz Inn to the front than what we have walked in stays at POR and CSR.
Before we got to our room, I told DH if he wanted, I could see about moving to Jazz when there was an opening. (We were there for 8 nights.) We LIKED our location and stayed put. :)
The room assignor did a great job. The cheerleaders and soccer teams were in the Jazz. The marathoners were in Rock Inn.
Had we been in Jazz, like I requested, we may not have been too happy. ;)
For quiet, I ask for top floor, backside, corner room. Haven't been disappointed yet. :)
We did luck out. In Rock Inn, we got the corner room near the elevator, center of the building. The corner room at the far end of the hall would have been overlooking the MAIN bus holding area for all the AS. I think that would have sounded like a truck stop. There were a lot of busses running at that time between all the sports teams and marathon event.

wow, thanks for the amazing help. Thanks to the links you provided I have all the info I need. Now we just have to work on getting that countdown clock to run faster:D

Managed to slip in 2 days at WDW in early June (checking in June 9) and since I'll be traveling solo, your fax format is perfect for me. Had debated staying off-site since I won't be going to any parks (maybe TL if weather is good!), but couldn't find any decent prices. ASMu was pretty much cheapest and staying at WDW I always feel safe!!!! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter