another flying question??? (need quick reply if possible)

jgmklmhem

DIS Veteran
Is it worth 90$ more to fly into SNA vs LAX As far as our budget and transfers etc go it would be only 90$ total (not per person) more to fly direct into SNA on Delta vs direct into LAX on Southwest. I need to buy soon please help!!!! Thanks!!!

Usually I base my decision on price alone, but I don't get the impression that price is the only factor for you.

SNA is much smaller and easier to navigate than LAX and I would much rather fly into SNA than any of the others. Its just a more pleasant experience. SNA is only about 20 min from DL rather than an hour or more, especially if there's traffic.

It is worth it! It will save you at least 30 min. in drive time and a lot of hassle. John Wayne is small and easy to get out of plus it is 15 minutes to DL! I will never fly into LAX again. SNA(John Wayne) is much easier!
My 2 cents,
AZlaura

I take it you are talking about $90 total for the tickets right? Because when you put transportation to DLR into the equation you might just break even if you took southwest to LAX. The super shuttles charge by the distance. I don't mean they charge like a Cab would charge you (more like how long it takes to get there), but they have specific prices from airport to resort areas.

For example, it is about 10 bucks a head to take Super Shuttle from SNA to any of the hotels in and around DLR. I'm sure it is a lot more from LAX. Also, if you are renting a car, SNA, like the other DISers mentioned, is SOOOO much easier to get through and DLR is 15 mins away. 90 dollars extra total doesn't seem so bad when you consider the time you will save, the headaches you will avoid, and the money well spent.

My own opinion of course. SNA is where we usually try to go when flying. :teeth:

We have flown into both LAX and SNA on previous trips. This trip I only looked at flights into SNA. Much easier and you get to your hotel sooner.

I have never flown into LAX because we can get a non-stop flight on Alaska to SNA and that is what I always take. I really like SNA and would definitely go there rather than LAX if it is only $90 more for all of you.

I am with all the posters - SNA is sooo much better! And it does cost more to take the shuttle from LAX.

Just wanted to thank you all for the advice...even though my 90$ estimate took in to account the difference on airportbus so no way to really break even I just felt after reading here and discussing it with my wife we would much rather stay away from LAX if possible especially with two young kids!!! Thanks for all the help guys!!!!!

Just my .02 worth... We were planning on flying out of SNA, based on everyone's opinion here, as well as other info I've gotten. But when it came time to book out flights (when SWA opened its dates the other day) it was going to cost us about $400 more total to flight out of SNA than LAX. So despite the "warnings" about LAX, as well as the additional drive from DL, we just couldn't beat the LAX price. Hope we didn't make a "penny-wise, pound-foolish" decision! :confused3 ...................P

In my opinion it's way worth the $90 to fly into SNA, you also have to take into accout (biggest factor) when you will be flying out, you figure you have to be at the airport at least an hour and a half before your flight leaves, plus you have another hour or so drive at least to get to LAX. It all comes down to how much time and convenience our worth.

SNA is a muc better airport - you are much less likely to have delays, or problems getting into and out of the airport. The Super Shuttle Transfer will also be a bit cheaper (Say $5 or so per head each way) so the cost will be not that much more. If price is not your only issue do it - it will be a much easier and stress free option.

Less Stress is why I went ahead and booked us into SNA...both the airport and using Delta instead of SW (I like having my seats picked out especially with 2 kids.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter