Another money grab...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcohol isn't a problem. People can be a problem. Some can be irresponsible.

Disney makes MAJOR DOLLARS on their alcohol markup so it is here to stay.

No kiosks at MK. Only at restaurants, with meals. But what's special about AK? they've always been pretty big on wine.

PS. Disney is not just for children. Also, many parents drink alcohol (responsibly).

My take is this is one of those wedged into a space bars that are there to take care of anticipated spreading out of crowds and monetize mostly empty floor space, but the drinks look gross (bourbon, strawberry, sweet and sour and sprite? yuck) so I'll stay camped out at Nomad Lounge.

Last edited:
Then don't go. If having alcohol so easily available is so horrible, then vote with your wallet and don't give Disney your money.

I don't drink. I have never seen anyone get overly drunk in any of the parks during any times of the year (including Food and Wine). There has not been any issues with where alcohol is already served. One more lounge isn't suddenly going to make the place full of out of control drunks.

Alcohol isn't a problem. People can be a problem. Some can be irresponsible.

Disney makes MAJOR DOLLARS on their alcohol markup so it is here to stay.

No kiosks at MK. Only at restaurants, with meals. But what's special about AK? they've always been pretty big on wine.

PS. Disney is not just for children. Also, many parents drink alcohol (responsibly).

My take is this is one of those wedged into a space bars that are there to take care of anticipated spreading out of crowds and monetize mostly empty floor space, but the drinks look gross (bourbon, strawberry, sweet and sour and sprite? yuck) so I'll stay camped out at Nomad Lounge.
I understand your point and agree with a lot of what you're saying , however more , more , more is not going to be good for anyone . I can see alcohol carts in the future at MK . Hope I'm wrong but...

I don't equate more alcoholic beverage options with less family friendly. I firmly believe that the vast majority of Disney guests can consume alcoholic beverages without suddenly causing trouble for other guests, and if a few here or there do cause an issue, they'll be dealt with like any non-drinking guest who causes an issue.

I don't drink, so I don't need more lounges myself, but I certainly don't care how many Disney opens and I have no worries that another lounge will in any way negatively impact my stay at WDW with my family. :)

I understand your point and agree with a lot of what you're saying , however more , more , more is not going to be good for anyone . I can see alcohol carts in the future at MK . Hope I'm wrong but...

More is certainly good for me, I like options!!!! I still am confused as to why DHS (the park with the specific Disney Junior activities) is, in your opinion, a fine place for bars outside of restaurants, but AK is not.

Then don't go. If having alcohol so easily available is so horrible, then vote with your wallet and don't give Disney your money.

I don't drink. I have never seen anyone get overly drunk in any of the parks during any times of the year (including Food and Wine). There has not been any issues with where alcohol is already served. One more lounge isn't suddenly going to make the place full of out of control drunks.
Love WDW...will stop going when this becomes a problem . For now just trying to say that this is not a good thing ...not in the long run . And this isn't one lounge ...a year ago approximately they opened one at HS (Tap House?) . This has been a growing trend that really needs to stop ...just my opinion .

it's not like it's Delta House and they're just handing out booze to everybody who walks by. If somebody wants to purchase booze they'll shell out the heavily inflated Disney price for it. If they don't want to, they won't. Doesn't matter if there are purveyors of alcohol situated every 3 feet, or only one in the entire park.

Love WDW...will stop going when this becomes a problem . For now just trying to say that this is not a good thing ...not in the long run . And this isn't one lounge ...a year ago approximately they opened one at HS (Tap House?) . This has been a growing trend that really needs to stop ...just my opinion .
Well, luckily Disney listens to what the majority of their visitors want. I am glad they are opening up lounges and bars and I don't even drink! Why? Because it adds another little spot where adults can escape (somewhat) to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter