Another substitution question

amyecpa

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW on the regular DDP in June. This is a gift from the in laws. They insist on getting the dining plan to make sure we can all eat together several nights. (They are very generous people). This is our first trip without the deluxe plan. I just felt that it was too much food. I’m just now realizing that appetizers are not included on the regular plan. I LOVE appetizers (I mean love) and I’m not a big eater at all. My question is this... I know apps can’t be ordered in place of desserts, but can you order an appetizer as your entree’?

We will be at WDW on the regular DDP in June. This is a gift from the in laws. They insist on getting the dining plan to make sure we can all eat together several nights. (They are very generous people). This is our first trip without the deluxe plan. I just felt that it was too much food. I’m just now realizing that appetizers are not included on the regular plan. I LOVE appetizers (I mean love) and I’m not a big eater at all. My question is this... I know apps can’t be ordered in place of desserts, but can you order an appetizer as your entree’?

You'll have to ask at every restaurant. My guess is the Disney owned will probably let you (more money for them), but the non-Disney will not because they only get reimbursed for what is allowed, so they would lose money.

I feel like I have seen this question?

No, you can't sub an app for an entree

Look at it this way. All systems at Disney are automated. Which includes all input. How do you ring up something that isn't a category?

Order and pay oop for the appy and save the credit for signature

Or use your inlaw dxdp credit and use your ddp credits for buffets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter