Any 3/15 western cruisers out there?

Hi guys,
Just got back from 01/04, and have tentatively booked 15 & 22nd sailings...Feeling guilty though...back to backs, am I crazy, or what? My Best friend is waffling about coming, and I feel like a goof hanging out alone at adult stuff. Any other single mums going?

Originally posted by tecdavidt
We need a Dis meet everyone. On our last DCL cruises around noon on the day at sea or how about late afternoon on the Key West day? Any more suggestions? Kathy

When we did the DCL cruise in Oct of 2001, everyone got together for a wine tasting party - each couple brought a bottle of wine from their area (or their favorite) - room service brought in an incredible cheese/cracker spread and we had lots of fun tasting and chatting. And of course people that didn't enjoy wine were very welcome as well. It was a lot of fun meeting everyone.

Cruisnprincess - first, tell your best friend that they are crazy not to come along! We'd love to do B2B's, but, maybe next time.

We Bostonians will be fleeing from the cold to join this cruise with dd's (7 and 10) and friends coming along with their dd's (7 and 13). We're up for any DIS meet...Beth

:bounce: :jester: :Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce:

Well, as it stands now, if ther DO decide to come, they can only do March 1st cruise...and there doesn't seem to be any DIS'ers on that one anyway. So, by 9pm tonight, I will know if we will be on your cruise & the 22nd, or not. However, I will be all by my lonesome, as my dd7 will desert me! Any fun mums out there(my best friend and like to refer to our generation as the yummy mummies!!:smooth: )who aren't with a significant other, or just want to get out one night, lemme know!! I couldn't bring myself to go to those single lunches last time....what can I say!

Has anyone else booked with Dreams?
I was wondering how soon we could expect to see the cruise documents.
On our last cruise we booked with DCL and had our documents about 5 weeks out. It was only a three day so maybe those get out sooner than 7 day cruises.

We booked with dreams. I'm pretty sure that DCL sends out the documents, not dreams - our last cruise the docs came about 3 weeks before (if I remember correctly).

Add 4 more to the March 15th Western.........myself, DH, DS12, and DS6. This will be our first cruise. The boys aren't really excited yet, but I have been planning since April 2001. I've gotten a lot of information by watching the DIS discussions.

DS12 isn't too excited about not knowing anyone. He'll be 13 in April, so he may think he's too old for the Lab. Are the basketball courts very crowded? I'm sure he would like that.

DS6 will probably love the Club once he gets familiar with it. It will probably be hard to get him out of there.

I hope everyone has a great time!!!!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

We will be going on the cruise (myself, Dh and D16) We are booked in a secret porthole room with DU. No documents yet. The DIS meet and the Pub crawl both sound good. If people want to do the wine thing, Texas now has some good wine and we would bring some. Anyother kind of meet would be fun too.

we'll be there also with dd8,ds5 and this is our 4th disney cruise.we are also booked thru du and we also have a secrit port hole room.this will be our 3rd time in secrit port hole room.we keep looking for the federal guy to show up with documents.

This is our second cruise, first in a spr. Skip, we may be next to each other. We will be in 5022. If the feds show up I send over to you.

nearlychildless we are in 5024(what a small world)so send the feds over we'll give them a drink.we went in feb last year and the seas the last 2 nights we're 10-15 feet.a lot of people sea sick so i hope it isn't as bad in march.the crew did say january and febuary the seas are normally high.
as far as the pub crawl goes sign me up.not a wine drinker but my wife is so i'm sure she'd be up for that.
no documents today.

we went last march 15 and the seas were very calm. My husband doesn't even trust merry go rounds and he never had a problem. I have heard that sometimes the two ajoining rooms are lacking a little in sound proofing so if we should be to loud give a holler. Actually we are not in the room much at all. Our teenager comes in when the common ground closes and sleeps til noon and then is off until changing right before dinner and then dinner and back to the teens. We are out about about 9 or 10 and not much in the room either.

Bumping this so that someone can suggest a DIS meet. Maybe right before the sail away party? Maybe portside of the goofy pool? Anyone have any other suggestions? Thought it might be nice to see the faces before the cruise really begins so that when we run into each other later on we will recognize DIS'ers. Kathy

We will also be on the March 15th cruise. My family - myself, husband, daughter age 11 (she says almost 12) and son age 8 are looking forward to leaving snowy Minnesota for a while.

We are Disney World regulars and go at least once a year - last trip was for Halloween which the kids LOVED. We decided to try the 7 day crusie last year and liked it so much that we are back on the 15th.

I am very excited to hear about other kids my daughters age. She had a great time with meeting others last year and they all still e-mail each other. My son will just be happy to get his hands back on the computers in the kids club.

Ruth

Nearlychildless: I see you have been communicating with my brother-in-law, Skip. He neglected to mention we'll be on the March 15th cruise too! Myself, DH, DD(2 1/2) and DS (5). This will be our first Disney cruise. I will be up for the pub crawl and wine tasting. My husband is not a wine drinker but likes beer. Looking forward to meeting you if my brother-in-law allows it!!! HAHA

Mumsy

Looking forward to meeting you also. Are you on deck 5 with with your BIL and us? Also what is the latest on a DIS meet? I am not sure when would be a good time but it seems to me I remember a card or reading room near the elevator on deck 2 and I don't think I ever saw any one in it. Does any one know where I am talking about?

Our March 15 docs arrived today!! We will traveling on our third Disney Cruise with my DD 7 (will turn 8 on board) and DS 5 (will turn 6 on board). We booked our excursion's ourselves. Going to Mr. Sancho's Beach Club in Cozumel. Capt Marvins for the Sting Ray swim on Grand Cayman.

We are arriving the day before and going to Islands of Adventure before spending the night at the Best Western Oceanfront Resort in Cocoa Beach.

Can't wairt to get out of this Nebraska weather!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter