Any advice flying to WDW for New Years?

Beast fan

DIS Veteran
I, DW and our 2 DS's are flying to MCO 12/28 and returning 1/2/04. We are willing to fly out of any location from Flint, MI to Lexington, KY for the right price (my in-laws live near Louisville, so Kentucky is not a problem). For those of you within that area who have flown during that time frame, where have you found the best priced flights and when did you book them (ie: 2 months before, 6 months before)? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :earsboy: :earsboy:

try toledo ohio, (TOL) I just purchased airfare for 12/27-1/3 for $215 with tax.

Thanks nuthut. We used TOL last year flying to SAV to go to HHI. I loved the airport. In fact, it was only about 100 yds. from the baggage claim area to our car in long-term parking. I guess I am a bit picky in that I want to get a flight, for a good price that leaves (for example TOL) early a.m. on 12/28 and leaves MCO in the afternoon on 1/2/04. I've checked the following airports in Ohio....TOL, CLE, CMH, DAY and CVG, LEX and SDF in Kentucky (also FNT, DTW and LAN in MI).:bounce::Pinkbounc :earsboy: :earsboy:

Can't help with airports, but can assist with timing. You will be flying during peak holiday season. Book as SOON as you see a fare which is good. You will not get bargain fares that time of year. We are flying out of NY( JFK) on the 23rd and returning on the 2nd. I got a fare on Delta for 215 and jumped on it, that was 3 weeks ago. Many people book 331 days out. See you at WDW.

Our DD's friend joined us for those exact dates last year flying from Hartford, CT. (I know this isn't one of the airports that you're considering, just mentioning it for distance comparisons.)

Her airfare was $185.00. The rest of us were arriving on 12/22, and we paid $200.00. (It started at $185.00 but we had to wait for one person to let us know if he was joining us.)

We booked pretty soon after the flights were available.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter