Any advice on booking flights from UK?

ClaireW

Mouseketeer
Having always travelled to WDW as part of a Virgin package we've never booked our own flights - any advice on who is cheapest, etc and when to book?

Kayack,expidia,opodo best to look for also Wayne on the main UK TP board is quite good at looking.Also try to do indirect as this works out cheaper and fly on a friday not a weekend. or fly for longer/shorter periods (would always do longer)
Best time to book hard to say but pick a price and if it comes up book it but around Xmas time quite low for Aug
Paul

Do you want direct or are you willing to fly indirect? In term time there is not much difference but in school holidays indirect can offer significant savings.

If direct for scheduled you have a choice of Virgin or BA from Gatwick, only Virgin from Manchester.

You then can look at the charters like Monarch, first choice etc that fly into Sanford.

We always wait for a VA sale to book. This is not the most stress free route though!

The best advice is if you see a price you are happy with - BOOK NOW :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice, especially just to book when we see a price we're happy with. We're both more likely to be anxious to get a flight rather than take the stress of waiting and waiting for the best deal!

Check comparison sites like Kayak, Skyscanner, Opodo, Expedia to find the best prices and possible routes for your dates. If you can be flexible with dates and airports and are willing to consider indirect options this will open up the best chance of cheaper fares. Also compare with the airlines direct as sometimes they will have good sale fares or Miles & Money discounts. Prices for the same flights can vary wildly, we booked next years flights with lastminute.com saving over £500 on the same flights direct from VA.

When you see a good price BOOK IT do not hang around as they can be gone in minutes.

Check comparison sites like Kayak, Skyscanner, Opodo, Expedia to find the best prices and possible routes for your dates. If you can be flexible with dates and airports and are willing to consider indirect options this will open up the best chance of cheaper fares. Also compare with the airlines direct as sometimes they will have good sale fares or Miles & Money discounts. Prices for the same flights can vary wildly, we booked next years flights with lastminute.com saving over £500 on the same flights direct from VA.

When you see a good price BOOK IT do not hang around as they can be gone in minutes.
Hi loadsapixiedust coming from scotland myself i was wondering if you are flying direct with virgin or travelling south first. I am travelling out of season so find manchester-orlando easiest.

thanks

Willie

Hi Willie we are flying direct from Glasgow to Orlando, we've done the indirect route via Gatwick too but only if it saves us a reasonable amount or at times of year when there are no direct flights. After being stranded in London on Christmas Eve a few years back (thankyou VA) we're in no hurry to repeat the experience. This time around the direct flights were the cheapest option.

Hi Loadsa, lol i too have had a nightmare landing in gatwick after the night flight!! Wish VA would extend their flight times from scotland, however having priced roughly man/orl at £380ish jan 2013 think that is the way to go....have you priced any other charters?? used globespan twice direct from glasgow and it was okdok pity the are downthespout....

willie

The charters were all more expensive for our dates this time around but we've used Thomas Cook and First Choice from GLA before, all fine if the price is right, also the ill-fated but much missed Globespan - we had 2 bargain trips with them one even included the bonus of a refuelling stop at Bangor! My favourite airline is BA, I just wish they did a direct route to the US from Scotland as I'm not a big fan of London airports. We'd not consider the drive to MAN unless there was a really great price to tempt us - £380 sounds like a steal who is that with?

Apologies to OP for hijacking your thread. I have another tip for you depending where you are in the country and what time of year you want to travel it might be worth looking at school holiday dates North & South of the border and working out when flights will be cheaper in each area. Scottish flights in the later part of August can be cheaper than from English airports as schools here have gone back after the summer break. Similarly flights from English airports can be a good deal for early summer before schools there break up. Avoiding school holidays is always best and even a day or two either side can make a big difference to the price.

agian apologies to op, flights with VA based based on early booking end jan 12 for 1st jan 2013. dont mind drive to manchester for 2 weeks in SSR:cool1:

There is really no such thing as a last minute deal anymore. You need to book approximately 6 months in advance to hopefully get the best price. If you wait to the last minute, you could end up paying more for your economy class ticket than what some paid for their Business/First class ticket.

If your staying with family in NJ, why don't you ask them which airport they are willing to drive to to get you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter