• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any advice on do's or dont's when cruising on the Wonder 12/03 post Disney Wedding?

LisaLovesDisney

Disney Bride~December 3, 2003
Hi All,
I am getting married at WDW on 12/3/03 and then my fiance and I are embarking on the Wonder for a 3 day cruise. My fiance is a first time cruiser and I have only been on one other cruise prior on Carnival and I was wondering is anyone has any advice for us. Thanks!~Lis

Congratulations on your wedding!!!

Do's-

Go to Palo...it offers a unique, romantic gourmet dining experience.of course, you would have to give up one of the rotation restaurants - My choice, give up Parrot Cay (although I heard they just updated the menus)

When in Nassau, take a cab over to Atlantis on paradise Island, and spend the day there...well worth it (Nassau is nothing great)

Do not miss the shows! Especially Disney Dreams.

Donts-

stress over activities you may miss onboard
Buy film onboard.Bring plenty with you
Eat just one dessert

need I say more? :D

I wholeheartedly second the Palo's recommendation. we also enjoy hanging out in the Rainforest area in the spa. think about what you might enjoy in the evenings in your room -- you can bring on champagne, for example, and stash it in your cooler.

if you want to veg out on Castaway Cay, be lined up and ready to disembark at the earliest time possible and proceed directly to Serenity Bay (the adult's only beach). this will enable you to snag a hammock & beach umbrella. of course, maybe you are both more active than my dh and I! in my personal opinion, the cabana massages are not worth it--great ambiance but only a light so-so massage, followed by a hard sell of products.

when you get on board, if it is important to you to be seated at a quieter table, you can go to wherever they are taking requests for dining changes and see the basic demographics of your table. you have a far better chance of having all adults or alt least older kids at the 2d seating. (I don't mean to offend those with kids, just trying to foster a more romantic atmosphere).

tell your waitstaff that you are honeymooners.

look for adult-only activities in your navigator.

and last but definitely not least . . . CONGRATULATIONS!!!! have a super time!

:wave: Cupcake

Hubby and I would STRONGLY recommend the surial bath, and be sure to bring lots of extra towels ;)
Before deciding which restaurant to skip for Palo, check out the menus on my website at www.castawayclub.com
It used to be a no-brainer to skip Parrot Cay, but the new menu is AWESOME. Now I would skip Animators, but since you have never seen the show, you will not want to skip that one. Check out Triton's vs. Parrot Cay and see which once you prefer to skip (it will be a hard choice).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

My recommendation would be, take the 4 day cruise if at all possible! Much more time for relaxing a scheduling Spa appts, etc... And, that way, you would not have to skip one of the other restaurants to go to Palo!

I agree with you on the 4 day instead of the 3 day but we are having an intimate wedding at WDW on the 3rd so our only option is to depart on the 4th which falls on a Thursday. But thank you anyway for the advice. ~Lis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter