Any aussie DVC members?

ColinA said:
We emailled back the signed contracts, I am sure we will make it through the ROFR.

Not enough points! LOL

All our points are at BWV, the best place to stay.

Lol. Yes I have heard that. I would love more but I don't want the additional annual dues

DVC really interests me but just seems too complicated, with the home resort ; banking credits : . finding resale contract etc etc. I need an Idiots Guide to DVC!!

DVC really interests me but just seems too complicated, with the home resort ; banking credits : . finding resale contract etc etc. I need an Idiots Guide to DVC!!

DVC is not for everybody. IMO if you plan on WDW every 2 years then it could be for you!

Not complicated at all, you buy points and use them and pay the annual dues.

ColinA said:
DVC is not for everybody. IMO if you plan on WDW every 2 years then it could be for you!

Yup......easy as...and you can borrow points from upcomming years, as we have done to maximise our visits...i think our next available points are from 2015 :)
Gotta love those 1 bedroom villas

Yup......easy as...and you can borrow points from upcomming years, as we have done to maximise our visits...i think our next available points are from 2015 :)
Gotta love those 1 bedroom villas

How far ahead can you borrow points.

Sometimes we have only borrowed a small amount from the next year, my theory is then I do not have to bank them LOL

Sounds like you need to buy more!

ColinA said:

I felt the same the first time we went to a presentation. You really need to do your research to make sure it's for you. As a timeshare it is really flexible and it's always exciting to plan our next holiday.

How far ahead can you borrow points.

Sometimes we have only borrowed a small amount from the next year, my theory is then I do not have to bank them LOL

Sounds like you need to buy more!

I think you can borrow up to 2 years in advance...so this year you can use 2012,13,14 points......

I have stripped our BLT points...now have to use my VB points (2013,14,15) for next years hols at BWV........

Easy as.....:thumbsup2

Clarification....you can bank last years points, use this years points and borrow next years points to give you three years worth of points. You cannot borrow two years in advance.
Cheers!!

Clarification....you can bank last years points, use this years points and borrow next years points to give you three years worth of points. You cannot borrow two years in advance.
Cheers!!

yep...but as i always plan 1 year in advance i just count 3 years.....sorry for the confusion...so my 2013 trip i can use 2013,14 & 15....

eg: for my BWV trip in sept 2013..i am taking 60 points VB from 2013, 2014 & 34 points from 2015.......total 154

for my GCH this coming feb i took the points from my 2013/2014 BLT allotment

so after I finish next year I will have 26 points in my 2015 VB account, 10 points in my 2014 BLT account.....and then it starts all over again....

yep...but as i always plan 1 year in advance i just count 3 years.....sorry for the confusion...so my 2013 trip i can use 2013,14 & 15....

eg: for my BWV trip in sept 2013..i am taking 60 points VB from 2013, 2014 & 34 points from 2015.......total 154

for my GCH this coming feb i took the points from my 2013/2014 BLT allotment

so after I finish next year I will have 26 points in my 2015 VB account, 10 points in my 2014 BLT account.....and then it starts all over again....

What happens when you want to go sooner! :)

What happens when you want to go sooner! :)

i just buy more:rotfl: ((((i wish)))))

now doing my calculations I think i screwed up....I dont think I can get my 2015 points during 2013 unless its after i have passed banking date....so scratching my head, i now sit down and try to recalculate my pointage..so appologes if i have given the incorrect info.....(((((oh dear as i bang my head on desk))))):confused3

i just buy more:rotfl: ((((i wish)))))

now doing my calculations I think i screwed up....I dont think I can get my 2015 points during 2013 unless its after i have passed banking date....so scratching my head, i now sit down and try to recalculate my pointage..so appologes if i have given the incorrect info.....(((((oh dear as i bang my head on desk))))):confused3

I'm pleased to see that it's not quite as simple as people make out it to be because it still confuses me heaps!! :lmao:

I'm pleased to see that it's not quite as simple as people make out it to be because it still confuses me heaps!! :lmao:

I'd answer your post but i'm still beating my head oon the table...will be here a while longer.....bang...bang...bang.....

how did i get my numbers so wrong????? bang...bang..bang..:sad2:

yep...i know...but when i get more points i then spend them and then need more points....its an expensive habit I have....and he so wants to stay in a 1 bedder..we'd have plenty if we stayed in a studio..but NOOOOOOO..he wants to stay in a bigger villa...why you ask??? I dont know!!! I do the laundry so its not that..we dont cook when we are there....so why??? why????:badpc:

Does anyone book DVC rooms that have more that a queen bed and a queen sofa bed? I am looking for future trips say 2014 and would want the kids to have their own beds by that stage. Other than paying over $600 a night for 2 bedroom suites, I couldn't find any rooms that even had two single beds, only queen sofas.

Anyone with larger families or older children use DVC for their trips??

Does anyone book DVC rooms that have more that a queen bed and a queen sofa bed? I am looking for future trips say 2014 and would want the kids to have their own beds by that stage. Other than paying over $600 a night for 2 bedroom suites, I couldn't find any rooms that even had two single beds, only queen sofas.

Anyone with larger families or older children use DVC for their trips??

Maybe book two studio rooms, then one could use the bed, the other the sofa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter