Any carb counters out there?

moochinkassarole

Mouseketeer
We will be sailing in December and quite curious if anyone out there has requested nutritional values to count carbs? If not, what did you do? Is there a good carb book that is handy to carry?
Thanks,
Kitty

We just took a cruise and my wife and I are both on the Adkins Diet. It was pretty easy to stay with low carbs on the Ship because they do have all kinds of foods that are low in carbs.

I just wanted to invite you to visit the WISH section of the DIS Boards. You will find ALOT of fellow DISers following alot of different eating plans including low carb.
:D
Just click on my link below the WISH 15 Pound Banner.

My father cruised with us in Dec. and was on the Atkins Diet. He had no trouble maintaining his plan, especially with the selection at the buffet and many choices in the dining rooms. (He did splurge on the desserts a little though...I mean, how can you pass up the creme brulee cheesecake?!) Disney Cruises are very accomodating to various diets and lifestyles.

and did Atkins while on board - it was very easy to follow with the wide variety of choices they offer.

Lets hope this time they dont give Paris any more hot dogs!!!

Ginny

You folks are kidding, right? It's a cruise. Relax and enjoy everything. The last thing I worry about is carb counting. How about a good run on the promenade deck in the morning instead?

Rob,
My son was diagnosed with diabetes on Christmas Eve, so we have to. Trust me, I would give anything to let him eat an ice cream cone and a cookie at the same time. At least I have the best photo ever of that from the last cruise.

Hi Ginni,
As for Paris, her slogan is "Just say No to hot dogs!".

I think by the time I cruise, I will feel more comfortable "guessing" how many carbs are in different foods.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Kitty

Atkins has a pocket-sized carb counter book that should be available in any bookstore near you. I still carry it in my purse...tho I don't use it much anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter