• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any DVC resorts Magic Band testing in Oct?

jennib5426

DIS Veteran
We just snagged a BLT studio for 9/29-10/3, are they is the Magic band test group?
Any links to find out who is testing and how it works?

If so can you link your current AP with it?

Since I was there in August with an Annual Pass, I linked it to MDE. So in MDE I see my two resort KTTW cards (even though no tickets on them) and my Annual Pass linked to me.

I think that when I have an active reservation for a resort that has been enabled with MagicBands, I will see my notification to customize bands and then they will be shipped to me.

The only part that is confusing is how it will know to use the Annual Pass. I am guessing I will have to select which "entitlement" to make active on the band, or, deactivate the other old cards.

But in December I plan to go and attend MVMCP. So I will have an extra ticket that needs to be linked in on the fly.

I can't wait to see it all up annd working seamlessly in December. Right? Right? :rolleyes1

Now I am confussed, there is another thread on the DVC section of people staying at BLT in October saying that have been getting the magicband test and are booking fastpass+
I did online check in and linked my AP, guess I will see what happens.
The person going with me hasn't bought there tickets yet though.

I think it's strange that Jambo is part of the test, but Kidani isn't. Maybe I'm just disappointed because I'm staying at Kidani.

We are at Jambo and are doing it. So far I have been able to customize the band, but not add any Fastpass+ things to it.

We are at Jambo and are doing it. So far I have been able to customize the band, but not add any Fastpass+ things to it.

Do you have park admission linked to MDE? If you don't have park admission linked to MDE, you will not be able to make FP+ selections.

We're staying at BWV over Columbus day weekend. I just got an email inviting us to test the Magic Bands. Weeks before I got the email, I had linked our AP's to our account and did online checkin.

I just got an email inviting us to test FP+ for our upcoming stay at BLT in October. However, I am pretty sure we are going to decline since we have the two different room reservation numbers (the first three nights are cash through central reservations and the last night is on our DVC points) and we have already purchased park hopper tix through undercover tourist. I do not think trying to mesh the two differennt room reservations and park tix not purchased through Disney will work.

I was just able to go on MDE & get Fast Pass + & order Magic Bands. Staying @ BWV mid October & have all my annual passes, & ressies linked to MDE.

I just got an email inviting us to test FP+ for our upcoming stay at BLT in October. However, I am pretty sure we are going to decline since we have the two different room reservation numbers (the first three nights are cash through central reservations and the last night is on our DVC points) and we have already purchased park hopper tix through undercover tourist. I do not think trying to mesh the two differennt room reservations and park tix not purchased through Disney will work.

Honestly, it's a lot easier then you think. Once you link everything on MDE it's seamless. You have to just pull up your reservations with the confirmation numbers and then enter the number from the tickets. I have my MDE profile set up and was able to set up my husband and two daughters under me so I do all their planning. They don't have their own accounts/emails set up. Once everything is entered once it's easy to make the FP+ on there. I have a split stay coming up and that's how I did it with our AP.

I was able to set up my fastpasses and magic band this past Thursday for Kidani Village. I only received the email this morning. Keep checking MDE.

BCV stay coming up 10/16-22. No email or letter notification from Disney. Just set up everything, including adding UT tickets and FastPass+ for everybody.:thumbsup2

Checking into BCV on October 3, then transferring to BLT on October 7. Had already received our Magic Bands in the mail and had linked our annual passes and two regular park hopper passes from UT when our invitation came by Fed ex!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter