• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any DVC resorts Magic Band testing in Oct?

we are staying at ssr at the end of october, and we have magic bands.

I just got an email inviting us to test FP+ for our upcoming stay at BLT in October. However, I am pretty sure we are going to decline since we have the two different room reservation numbers (the first three nights are cash through central reservations and the last night is on our DVC points) and we have already purchased park hopper tix through undercover tourist. I do not think trying to mesh the two differennt room reservations and park tix not purchased through Disney will work.

It actually should work. I had three reservations over LD-- one night RO for the POP and 2 for BWV, parkhoppers thru Undercover Tourist, and the DDP in two segments, and it worked. The key is you have to link your tickets through MDE and make sure all of your reservations are showing up on MDE. The bands use cloud technology, so it's not as complicated as it sounds: if the reservations look right on MDE, things should work just fine.

Checking into BCV on October 3, then transferring to BLT on October 7. Had already received our Magic Bands in the mail and had linked our annual passes and two regular park hopper passes from UT when our invitation came by Fed ex!:confused3

I asked this on another thread but no answer yet....when linking the UT tickets did you use a 0 (number) or O (letter)?

It actually should work. I had three reservations over LD-- one night RO for the POP and 2 for BWV, parkhoppers thru Undercover Tourist, and the DDP in two segments, and it worked. The key is you have to link your tickets through MDE and make sure all of your reservations are showing up on MDE. The bands use cloud technology, so it's not as complicated as it sounds: if the reservations look right on MDE, things should work just fine.

You are correct! I called Disney this am and the CM linked my park passes and told me that the two separate resort reservations wouldn't be a problem. They are still sending me two sets of wrist bands since we have two hotel reservations, but the CM assured me that they will BOTH work. I am not exactly sure how this is going to go down at BLT as a room key if I have to switch rooms though. (First three nights booked thru CRO and last night thru DVC points though both at BLT 1bedroom lake views, so hope not to change rooms.)

So far I am a little disappointed in FP+ as it only allows me to book three FPs per day and only in one park per day. And now I guess I lost the chance at getting regular paper FPs above and beyond the three per day. I am not convinced this is a better system, but willing to give it a try.

Update on my original question

I was told today by DVC member services and BLT testing starts on 9/30 and i check in on 9/29 so no go for Magic band test for us it seems.
That really sucks!!!

We are going in October, and we are staying 2 nights at OKW and 3 nights at BLT. I just found out today that we are testing MagicBands for the BLT leg of our trip only. I just went in and signed up for 3 fastpasses for each day... WILD!

The system is very buggy - they just did another update tonight - but this is going to be SO COOL once it rolls out!

I am reading it's rolling out to everyone 11/1.

Staying at BWV and ordered MB this week. We arrive WDW Oct. 18th. Our family arrives Oct. 26th. We ordered their MBs too since our MDE accounts are linked, their order showed up on my account too. I started doing my FP, but still have alot more to do. I have a friend staying at OKW and she didn't get the MB link on her account....:confused3

I added them yesterday into MDE and they haven't shown up yet...It does say it can take a little bit but with those with experience in this how long does it take to show?

Also I'm at BCV and got the invite for Magic Bands...(Oct 12)

I added them yesterday into MDE and they haven't shown up yet...It does say it can take a little bit but with those with experience in this how long does it take to show?

I linked ours back in June and they showed up immediately.

If the APs are on RFID Cards, they should show under 'MagicBands & Cards' and 'My Reservations'.
If they are on tyvek (paper) cards, I believe they will only show under 'My Reservations'.

It should also have added the 'Passholder' Affiliation to the 'About Me' page under 'My Profile'.

Thanks for reply...Yes they aren't showing up in those places...I know it took my card number because it said they would email me when it is linked...I guess it takes longer now because more people are doing it?

What about AP vouchers? Can you put those in the system, even if you don't activate them until you arrive and still make FP+ reservations?

JessLCH said:
I just got an email inviting us to test FP+ for our upcoming stay at BLT in October. However, I am pretty sure we are going to decline since we have the two different room reservation numbers (the first three nights are cash through central reservations and the last night is on our DVC points) and we have already purchased park hopper tix through undercover tourist. I do not think trying to mesh the two differennt room reservations and park tix not purchased through Disney will work.

I have a cash reservation in my name for 5 nights for myself, wife, and kids at fort wilderness. Then a 6 night for all of us and more of my extended family in my wife's name at Boardwalk on points.

Linked up alright once we cleared up duplicate accounts my wife had.

Also I'm at BCV and got the invite for Magic Bands...(Oct 12)

if they have a barcode and you have a smartphone then use the app on your phone and scan them in and it's INSTANT.

We added the 5 of us. Mine and my wife's took maybe 5-10 minutes each to show up. 2 kids showed up then disappeared later that day and we re-added them on the website again and after minutes/hours they showed up again.

5th one we entered into website 3 different times weeks apart and got nothing. Then just for giggle i scanned with the app and assigned it to my kid and INSTANTLY it was there.

if they have a barcode and you have a smartphone then use the app on your phone and scan them in and it's INSTANT.

We added the 5 of us. Mine and my wife's took maybe 5-10 minutes each to show up. 2 kids showed up then disappeared later that day and we re-added them on the website again and after minutes/hours they showed up again.

5th one we entered into website 3 different times weeks apart and got nothing. Then just for giggle i scanned with the app and assigned it to my kid and INSTANTLY it was there.

I have a Windows Phone...No app yet...Still hasn't shown and now I can't add them in again...error pops up...guess I need to call...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter