Any good moderately priced restaurants in the Universal complex area?

stormkrow

Mouseketeer
Our family is headed down to Orlando in July 2002 and I'm looking for a moderately-priced restaurant (under $100 for a family of 4) in either CityWalk or the two (soon to be three) hotels within Universal, but NOT within the parks.

We've been to Jimmy Buffet's restaurant - and highly recommend it - but we wanted to try something else. The other restaurants in CityWalk seem too fast food-ish or too expensive and exotic (our two kids are not into experimenting when it comes to food).

Any thoughts, folks!:confused:

Give NBA City a try. Didnt consider the food there to be fast food. The desserts were awesome as well. We are also a family of 4 with our kids not too adventurous either.

Hard Rock cafe was consistent and fun:) Decent menu with lots of options.

Margarittaville as you have tried is still a favorite for our family too:)

Havent tried Pastamore...maybe others that have can tell you how the food is there.

We had lunch at Nascar...wasnt really impressed...NBA City was better.

We LOVED Latin Quarter and they can make the kids chicken fingers and fries! Take a look at that option...they have the menu right outside and also have their signature dishes prepared in a showcase for all to see before deciding!

Just wanted to mention....NBA City has this yummy dessert...cant remember the name but its strawberries cinnamon in dough with ice cream....so good:)

All above mentioned were under or around $100 for our family of 4.

HOTELS...

We loved the cafe at Hard Rock and ate there a few times. Great choices nice atmosphere excellent service.

Mama Della's at portofino Hotel was very good Italian food a little more expensive however. Family style and fun also.

we really enjoyed pastamore. They have a few more traditional "real Italian" items but we got the family style meal whcih has a limited choices but includes app. sald soup, spaghetti, a choice of a main dish (in our case chicken parmesan) and desert. the adult price is under 25 (21.99 I think), and the kids around 15 if I remember right. I don't think beverage is included. There was so much food that we took the desert back to the HRH and ate part as a midnight snack and took the rest home with us (we had an electric cooler with us).
Margarettaville was very good. For the live If me I can't remember what I ate LOL. DH had a chicken sandwich, DS had a quesadia and I think DD had chicken tenders.
NBA city was also very good. I had their chicken tenders. DH had a steak (we think LOL).
We also ate dinner at The Palm (at HRH) it is a little pricier but it was very good. The side items are huge. We ordered 3 sides and had way too much food left (every thing is alacarte). If you order non steak items you could stay under the 100. Really the steaks are so big you could easily share one between 2 or 3 people.
The best meal of the trip was at Mythos. I had the risotto of the day (with chicken and spinache). OH boy it was great. Really it is one of my favorite meals ever. DS had the wrap of the day (wchich I believe has been replaced by one or 2 wraps that are served daily).

If your kids eat kids meals (or if someone shares) you could defenitely go to Mama Della's at the Portofino Bay Hotel for under a $100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter