• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Jellyrolls fans???

mla973

DIS Veteran
I thought the Adult board would be the most appropriate place for this. Just wondered if anyone else is longing for their next trip to WDW so they can go to Jellyrolls, among other reasons we love the World!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this place, it is a dueling piano bar at the Boardwalk Resort. Now I am not a huge fan of bars in general (too much smoke and noise), but I fell in love with Jellyrolls a few years ago. I've spent several semesters working for WDW on the WDW College Program, and on my last internship I spent many nights at Jellyrolls.

The pianists are very talented and most people in there are very friendly. On any given evening, there is a good mix of college students and reosrt guests, so it makes for a pretty fun crowd. The drink prices are a bit high, but the atmosphere is great.

It can get rowdy, but they keep the language and songs to a "Disney adult" level. Meaning, little-to-no swearing, no sexual references, etc. We have a piano bar where I live, and it is so vulgar I can't stand spening much time there.

Anyway, if you have not been, you should check it out on your next trip. I believe doors open at 7:00 and the piano guys start at 8:00. The cover is $5. There are 4 players on any given night, and they switch each hour, so you are bound to find a player that you like.

If you go, tell Jason, Drew, Tommy and Ray that the gang from 2002 says hello, and request "Drops of Jupiter" and "Piano Man" for us!

We didn't make it in on our last trip (and regret it), but we are totally looking forward to it this year! We are planning to go our first night, so I won't be surprised if we make it back a few others!!

Thanks for the info!!

I love Jellyrolls too. We usually go there once or twice each trip. It's definitely the best bar or nightlife in WDW.

I brought my parents and inlaws there on our last trip and they loved it as well. Its not just a young crowd, there are people of all ages there.

Welcome to the DIS, MLA973! :wave:

I'm somewhat the unofficial Jellyrolls expert on the DIS. If anyone has questions about Jellyrolls, they are often pointed to my direction, and I can't tell you how many people I've sent to the bar.

I spend many nights at Jellyrolls on my trip. I usually go there three or four times each trip, and stay for the night (who needs sleep? ;) My favorite piano players are Scotty and Ray--they are so much fun to watch, and work great together.

And yes, the doors open at 7:00 and the pianos start at 8:00. I love the intimate feeling of the first hour or two when the bar isn't crowded and the piano players are extra chatty. Oh, and the cover charge is now $7.

I can't wait to go back in Oct. and Dec. :)

Karen

I went for the first time over July 4th weekend, and it was great. So much fun!!! Jellyrolls is definately on my must do list next WDW trip

I think of my times at Jellyrolls on a daily basis. Other people have their obsessions, this is mine! I feel so at home there, because everybody is in a great mood and the atmosphere is terrific!

I can't wait to go back in December/January! How many nights are you allowed to spend there on a twenty-some day trip? I say at least twenty!! :hyper:

If anybody is going to be down there Dec 20th - Jan 11th, please join me!!! That place is the best with lots of people to keep you company! (and to disown you once the dancing begins...)

This is by far the best nightlife on Disney Property! And I second the Scotty and Ray thing that Karen shared... Definitely true!

Ashley:wave2:

Count me in as another Jellyrolls fan. Karen got me hooked, and now I'm there at least once each trip. Definately worth the $7 cover charge!

If you mention to the bartender or waitress that you're the designated driver, you get free soda for the night. Nice perk!

Thanks! I can't wait to try it on our next trip.

I had read about it in the guidebook and thought we would like it...but reading this thread has me convinced.

We schedule several resort days with no parks, this would be a perfect outing after spending a day at the pool.

I can't wait.

Karen

DH and I loooooooove JellyROlls. He got hooked as a CM on Cast Member nights but when I worked there I wasn't 21 :(

Can't wait to go back!

We are going to Jellyrolls for the first time next month. Can anyone tell me what time they close? We plan on going our first night there and want to make sure we give ourselves plenty of time to enjoy.

Maude--Jellyrolls closes at 2:00 a.m. Last call for alcohol is at 1:30, and the pianos stop at 1:45.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter