Any Kidani Updates?

AKV707

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Any information out there about the status of Kidani construction? Is it underway? Any photos? Just curious as i look to 2009.

Any information out there about the status of Kidani construction? Is it underway? Any photos? Just curious as i look to 2009.

Site prep is well under way, but I haven't seen any pics of "vertical" construction yet.

They're 5 months ahead, apparently, on Jambo (now slated to be complete by the end of January, rather than May). I'm not sure it will have ANY effect on Kidani, but my hunch is they sped up construction because sales have been so brisk. IF that's true, we may see Kidani sped up too, if they can.

just talked to my step-sil, a concierge at the lodge, and she said that the animals were moved out of the sunset savannah because they were ahead of schedule on kidani. they are way ahead of schedule on jambo as well, and yes there is noise in the lodge from the construction, it affects the guests that hang out at the resort during the day. but she said they may have some of the scheduled december completion rooms done early. it has been a mess for the lounge, first moving to the pres. suite, which was great for the guests, and now back to the 6th floor loft, which is near a hard hat area, and therefore noisy.

When we went to the Doorway of Dreams two weekends ago we were told that if we bought that day that "our unit" wouldn't be ready until December, so no dues until then. When we went back last weekend (after considering it for a week) we were then told that "our unit" would now be ready in September and that they are way ahead of schedule.

Didn't really mean much to us since we won't be going home to AKL until late next year. But it was good to hear they are really progressing - now if only Kidandi would be finished early!

Ty

Thanks for the update Pogopossum!

Did your step SIL say any thing about what was going to happen to the Pres. and VP Suites?? Very curious. They are within the DVD boundry given in the OC permits but no word what is to become of them.

We stayed at AKV the night of Aug 13th. I went out to the parking lot to take a photo of the Kidani site, but didn't think the dirt and construction vehicles were exactly what everyone was looking for. I'll try again on Sept 6th when we return.

poohstx, we'll be there the 4th - 8th, maybe we'll see you there, what sort of room do you have?

lisa, i didn't think to ask her about that. when we are there in two weeks i'll ask her that in addition the other bazillion questions that i have on my list. what i did find out was that akl was not underbooked and therefore given over to dvc to fill up. the straight dope is dvc kidani village was apparently planned and timetable moved up because dvc is out of inventory, and jambo was converted because they could get inventory faster by doing so.

Thanks pogopossum for the info and update. Great to hear that all is ahead of schedule!

dw spoke with her dd the other night and he told her that step-sil had set us up for a never been used room for our stay next week:banana: . we get to break it in, that is so cool.

i just posted this on another akl thread:

all right, for those prepping to go to akl/v, we just returned. checked out on sat. we had a delightful time at the resort.

as for construction, in the lobby the entire fifth and sixth floors, except for the concierge lounge on six, is curtained off. but we never heard noises coming from there to indicate construction going on. we spent quite a bit of time on the balcony and you could see across the savanna to the kudu trail rooms, which are still under construction, but other than occasionally seeing someone on the roof or in room, you can't tell that it is being worked on. occasionally you could hear heavy equipment off in the distance, but no more than you might hear anywhere else in wdw. you could see cranes above the roof of jambo, and if you went down the ostrich trail you could see the construction site.

we were at the end of the recently opened zebra trail, room 5577/79. there is one room next door and at the end of the hall is the gv along the end wall of the building. we had a lock off two bedroom with a balcony overlooking the arusha savanna. we had a watering hole just below us and the zebra, giraffes, kudu, and bongos were out in full force, at just about all hours of the day. you all say you won't, but you will find yourself looking out at 1 in the morning just to see. we didn't get the room first, but were the second occupants, which meant that we had to wait until almost 4 pm, but it still had had that new room smell.

the decor is unbelievable, and they went to great lengths to make everything go with the theme. dw said this is the best we've ever been to, and we've been to all dvc's except ssr, sorry all you bcv fans. if this is the room redo, i can't wait for '09 and our room in the village.

we were highly impressed with what dvc has done so far, and very pleased to have added on points at akv, our only wdw resort. be prepared for a hike to anywhere, as these rooms are off the beaten path.

transportation was great, we only had to wait too long for the bus to the studios one morning, three buses to mk came while we waited, but mostly we had good timing and arrived to a waiting bus, which as they say about comedy, timing is everything. the other time that was frustrating was after extra magic hours at epcot, when we watched port orleans get four buses before one came for our line (about a half hour).

the one thing that i can't recommend highly enough is go to the night vision time out by the pool. the best time is after 10 pm, they have night vision gear and you can see the animals grazing or whatever else they are doing. after 10 the keepers have come by and they are gathering by the waterhole near the fence. it was so cool.

i have gone on too long, but we had a great time and you can all leave your fears behind about the resort, i think you will have a great time as well.

Thanks for the glowing report! I can hardly wait for March and our Club level ressie!:thumbsup2

pogopossum, thank you so much for your report. I have a list of "to do" things and using night vision goggles is on the list!!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Just booked Concierge for July and am really looking forward to night vision goggles as well as the Sunrise Savannah tour. It should be a lot of fun.

one other kidani rumor, take it for what it is worth, but our valet at check in said that they have already expanded the plans for kidani village, because of the brisk sales. in the words of the eagles, we'll find out in the long run.

i can't really give a report on the restaurants, we were so busy at the parks and the dining planners had all the adrs, we didn't get to any of them. we had lunch one day at the mara, but didn't really care much for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter