Any Menieres people on here?

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
I’ve had Meniere’s Diseases for going over six years. Am curious if others with same go to WDW much, what their experiences have been, what ride experiences they’ve had. I want to go on GOTG so bad I can taste it but my better sense is saying that ship has sailed. i can go on coasters as long as there is no inversion. Nothing spinning or goes in circle but that was way before this disorder, I was only on Dumbo once in my life, when I was 12.

I pretty much know most of my own limitations, I’m just curious what others have experienced. I take meclizine every day at DL, just helps keep me on even keel.

TIA for your feedback!

I’ve had Meniere’s Diseases for going over six years. Am curious if others with same go to WDW much, what their experiences have been, what ride experiences they’ve had. I want to go on GOTG so bad I can taste it but my better sense is saying that ship has sailed. i can go on coasters as long as there is no inversion. Nothing spinning or goes in circle but that was way before this disorder, I was only on Dumbo once in my life, when I was 12.

I pretty much know most of my own limitations, I’m just curious what others have experienced. I take meclizine every day at DL, just helps keep me on even keel.

TIA for your feedback!
Hey Tinkaboo - another Tink fan here who also has Meniere's Was diagnosed about 10 years ago but suffering for many more than that. From my experience - I am someone who loves riding all the coasters but depending on what kind of day I am having - may only do coasters like my fav Expedition Everest once. Rockin Roller Coaster is the only one I won't do (makes my head hurt). And even Toy Story Mania & Buzz Lightyear are hard for me - lots of jerking around.

I've had my crystals reset so many times but my love for thrill rides and flying always makes it a temporary fix. Also, I walk with an upright walker which is always waiting for me at the end of any ride. I've done GOTG on several occasions and have loved it every time. If for any reason I have an "episode" when the ride is over CMs have been great on giving me a few minutes to recover.

Like you mention, you know your limitations and everybody reacts differently. I always do have someone with me who is aware of my condition and knows how to help if I need it.

:tink:SinplyTink

Thanks, SimplyTink! Yes,it is an odd disorder, isnt it? Everyone seems to have different thingsnthat trigger them. I do okay on TSMM and Buzz, but honestly, I don’t move the car that much on Buzz. And I try to it gently…LOL

I really enjoyed EE when I went on it a million years ago, and from what I can recall, it’ll be okay. What really messes me is any kind of simulator. I can ride ROTR but I don’t watch the screens at a certain point. Definitely no FOP for me.

Thank you for your response and I wish you well on your future trips! I do love your blurb on your name (You’re going to Disney again?) :rotfl2: It’s a common comment I too get from friends and family.

I've had Meniere's all of my life, used to pass out on swings as a child and hit the ground like a sack of rocks. I've had some luck on spinning-type rides by using a camera while on them; the artificial frame horizon aligned with my eyes helps a lot. (Some people get a cheap pair of sunglasses and paint a thin line on the inside of the lenses about 3/4" from the bottom to do the same thing.)

GOTG has a long, tight, descending spiral toward the end. I didn't handle that well at all, and had to sit down for about 30 minutes when I got off because my balance was totally screwed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter