Any Minnesota members?

As of May 5th AirTran is also ME and Resort Airline Check-in. QUOTE]

Thats great. Have never used Airtran. How is your experience with them-do you go to a web site or just use a Trevelocity or something? I have seen flights but I dont remember if the times are kind of bad or what, but will look closer from now on. We like early out and later back.
We also prefer flying out of HHH.

We prefer SC over AirTran, but only because AirTran "tinkers" with their schedules too much (our last flights got moved several hours - and not in a direction that made me happy, LOL). They are good about moving you to other flights if the new schedule won't work for you, but they only have 1 non-stop to MCO per day, so your other options involve a plane change - in Atlanta, usually. Their planes are new, their service very good and as already mentioned, they are now a participating airline for ME.

Booking is easy via their website.

Another Minnesotan here! We also prefer Sun Country over Northwest.

We have had some expensive flights over Spring Breaks with Northwest but have started doing our homework. This past trip I used Hobbit Travel to book Sun Country and was able to save $80 per person for the same flights. If you leave and return on a Monday - Thursday you will find better prices.

Winter is looooong which is why we love to go to Florida in the Spring. The other seasons are beautiful - it is just gorgeous out today with the flowers in bloom. Keep in mind we do have MOSQUITOES (our state bird!) in the summer.

Very interesting. I just hit these 3 airlines for a summer trip and found them all very close.

SC direct was $208, $228 with tax and what I would say the best times 8AM and 1PM back.

NWA was also $228 direct with tax but 8Am out and 8AM back-yuck.

AT was $238 direct so a little more but also 9AM and 2PM back which are nice.

This was for Sunday August 12 returning Sunday August 19. I would grab SC if I was really going-HH terminal, best price, very good times. But I will keep an eye on AT since it is right on target as well. Thanks.

And don't forget that AT is now a participating airline. Love that Resort Airline Check-in!

I agree! We used AT once and didn't like the service so we haven't been back.

Diane, are you saying you would give AT another try in the above situation ($10 more, good times, direct and in the ME program for the seat assignment and taking your bags at the resort all the way back to MPLS)? We have been very happy with SC but not sure what I would do-what went wrong at AT? Thanks Diane.

Sun Country and AirTrain often offer decent deals if you watch their websites and subscribe to their e-mail notification.

A co-worker of mine seems to get decent deals quite a bit. I don't fly often, so haven't done so but they always sound like good fares.

I agree! We used AT once and didn't like the service so we haven't been back.

I second that emotion!

On our last trip my 5 year old was injured pretty badly, he had emergency surgery and was in the hospital for 3 days. I called Airtran the day before we left to try to get our seats assigned over the phone. I was afraid we would be separated, and that didn't sound good with an ailing 5 year old.

The customer service rep told me I would have to check in online. I explained our situation and told her I did not have internet access. She was sooooo rude, and essentially told me if I was't so cheap I could have chosen seats at purchase. I explained, again, how my son had been injured on our vacation, and I just wanted to make sure we could be seated together. She responded (and I quote) "well, I guess that's your problem isn't it".

Never again.

Booked Sun Country for our trip in September.

Diane, are you saying you would give AT another try in the above situation ($10 more, good times, direct and in the ME program for the seat assignment and taking your bags at the resort all the way back to MPLS)? We have been very happy with SC but not sure what I would do-what went wrong at AT? Thanks Diane.

You name it...We were VERY delayed both going out and coming back, and a lost bag. We didn't have much good to say when we returned. They were absent from the scene for awhile, and now they are back. Maybe it's better now.

I second that emotion!

On our last trip my 5 year old was injured pretty badly, he had emergency surgery and was in the hospital for 3 days. I called Airtran the day before we left to try to get our seats assigned over the phone. I was afraid we would be separated, and that didn't sound good with an ailing 5 year old.

The customer service rep told me I would have to check in online. I explained our situation and told her I did not have internet access. She was sooooo rude, and essentially told me if I was't so cheap I could have chosen seats at purchase. I explained, again, how my son had been injured on our vacation, and I just wanted to make sure we could be seated together. She responded (and I quote) "well, I guess that's your problem isn't it".

Never again.

Booked Sun Country for our trip in September.

YIKES, that would have feaked me out! We also did an ATA charter once when we had 12 of us going. IT too had big delays. We have never had that much issue with NWA or SC where delays are concerned unless it has been weather related, and that dosen't count as far as I'm concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter