Any news on WL refurbishment and how it will effect the villas?

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
We're planning on staying at VWL in May, and I've heard that there may be a refurbishment project going on at WL next year. Anyone have any idea what is going on at the lodge? And, how will it effect the vacation club villas?

Thanks! ;)

Interesting. We will also be there in May, so I am also interested.

FWIW, we just returned from VWL in October. Although all furnishings/appliances/carpets appeared to be the same, we did notice many smaller touch-ups.
All nicks and scrapes in the furniture had been taken care of, as well as the outside doors were freshly painted. The tarnish on elevators had also finnaly been buffed out.
It honestly made the room look fresh and new! :drinking:

MG

Maistre Gracey said:
Interesting. We will also be there in May, so I am also interested.

FWIW, we just returned from VWL in October. Although all furnishings/appliances/carpets appeared to be the same, we did notice many smaller touch-ups.
All nicks and scrapes in the furniture had been taken care of, as well as the outside doors were freshly painted. The tarnish on elevators had also finnaly been buffed out.
It honestly made the room look fresh and new! :drinking:

MG

Glad to hear that they are keeping the place up! :)

I'm just concerned that there might be scaffolding or other visual renovations going on at the lodge while we are there that would take away from the atmosphere. But then again, the lodge is almost 12 years old and it is probably about time for a full renovation project.

We've been at the lodge when there was outside maintenance work going on to the exterior. It was sectioned off.

We will be there again in January staying in the main lodge. I'll report back any renovation I notice.

In the last day or so, someone raised the question as to whether or not the 2006 rehab has been postponed.

Sounds like a lot of us will be at VWL in May!
We were at the BWV in September and passed by renovations every day to get to our villa -- it didn't bother us too much. Hopefully any renovations at VWL will be just as non-bothersome.

Thanks everyone. :) As long as the pool and other amenities will be open, I'm sure it'll be fine. But hopefully we'll find some updates about what is going on and when it will be happening.

Hi All,
Just back from VWL today - great trip. No news to report on May's refurb. project but they were doing constant touchups this week. Lots of interior painting (of the rock walls) in the hall going to Roaring Forks and also exterior around the pool. They were touching up the rock overpass by the lookout and the wooden bridge over the hot tub area of the main pool was closed one day as they were replacing boards eetc there. No real annoyance at all for these types of projects and things are looking very nice there.
-ML

MLK-RI said:
Hi All,
Just back from VWL today - great trip. No news to report on May's refurb. project but they were doing constant touchups this week. Lots of interior painting (of the rock walls) in the hall going to Roaring Forks and also exterior around the pool. They were touching up the rock overpass by the lookout and the wooden bridge over the hot tub area of the main pool was closed one day as they were replacing boards eetc there. No real annoyance at all for these types of projects and things are looking very nice there.
-ML

Welcome back! Glad to hear that they are continuing to keep things up. ;)

On the resorts board, someone posted today that Roaring Fork will be closed from January 9 to March 31.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter