"Any One Can Cook" lecture. Sign up or show up. Is it worth going to?

AWHOFAN

Mouseketeer
The "Any One Can Cook" lecture at D lounge on the Dream do they take you to the gally and do you have to sign up or just show up. Is it worth doing to?

:chewy:

The "Any One Can Cook" lecture at D lounge on the Dream do they take you to the gally and do you have to sign up or just show up. Is it worth doing to?

:chewy:

The anyone can cook demo is a cooking demo...it was nice. We have done the same on the classic ships. On our they were making Lobster Ravioli. You get samples! The chef demos the dish at the front of the room. I would think each session would be slightly different as it is a different experience if there are different chefs doing different dishes.....I know on the Magic and Wonder some were more interesting based on the personalities of the chef doing the demo. You do not have to sign up for this....just show up. Is it worth doing is up to you...do you like cooking demos? It lasts about 30 minutes.

On the classic ships they held 3 cooking demos on a 7 night cruise and if you showed up to all three you automatically got tickets to the galley tour. Since the Dream cruises are shorter I do not know if they have more than one cooking demo a cruise (we only saw the one) and I saw nothing about automatic tickets to the galley tour. We did the galley tour as a Platinum member perk on the Dream.

MJ

Urgh. Missed that demo.

However, my son says that the cooking thing for kids in the Edge took them to the kitchen in Flo's Diner where they made their own pizza's with their own toppings. I'd rather do that!

Is this adults only or a family activity? DS15 said he would like to go.

Is this adults only or a family activity? DS15 said he would like to go.

On the Magic it is adults only. Sorry, don't know about the Dream.

Realize this thread is a bit old but.... Just saw a recent Navigator (Feb. 2013) and this activity is listed under "Fun For All Ages Highlights" and I've seen a video on Youtube of the demo on the Dream and there are very young children present. Will probably (try to) do this with my family including my DD15.

On the Fantasy (and I think the Dream, as well), there were 2 versions of "Anyone Can Cook" -- one for adults only (the lobster ravioli) and the other all ages for families (apple streudel, I think).

On the Magic and Wonder, the series is called "The Art of Entertaining" and is part of the adult-only programming.

On all ships, samples of the demo'd item are passed out as well as a small portion of wine for the pairing. I don't remember if the wine is offered at the family version.

On our Feb 7-10 Dream Bahamas cruise ( wdwinfo has my scanned navigators listed as being on the 9th and leaving from Galveston for some reason), the only Anyone Can Cook sessions we noted were in the kid's clubs.

DS took part in one; they put all the ingredients for proper chocolate chip cookies together, put them in a magic oven, and pulled out cookies that were already made. It was very fun, even though they couldn't verify ingredients so DS never got one. (which means they weren't made from the simple, proper ingredients the kids had just used) But he's used to not being able to eat everything, so he just enjoyed the process of mixing, etc.

Our family did the apple strudels in the "d lounge". It was walk up for us in January. I was disappointed it was called "anyone can cook" and it was just a demonstration. I hope we have some of those experiences others mentioned on our upcoming cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter