Any quilters?

:yay:Me, Me, Me!
I'm somewhere between a novice ad intermediate...I mostly handsew, and don't do curves.
I usually make baby quilts for charity and gifts. I make lap quilts for my family occassionally.
And I just finished two Easter wall hangings.
((Sorry my photo is so big, I tried to shrink it in photobucket before I linked it, if you know what I did wrong, msg me so I don't do it again :lovestruc))

:yay:Me, Me, Me!
I'm somewhere between a novice ad intermediate...I mostly handsew, and don't do curves.
I usually make baby quilts for charity and gifts. I make lap quilts for my family occassionally.
And I just finished two Easter wall hangings.
((Sorry my photo is so big, I tried to shrink it in photobucket before I linked it, if you know what I did wrong, msg me so I don't do it again :lovestruc))

I love the Easter wall hanging. Beautiful colors!

I also love to quilt but I'm definitely a beginner. However, I'm learning. So far, I have made a lap blanket for my mother and then immediately jumped into a king size quilt for my bed. So stupid.....I underestimated the undertaking of hand quilting a king size quilt. It's very pretty but I'm only 65% done and its been almost a year. I must say though, that I can only work on it from time to time. So maybe one day I will have it done and can post a picture.

DisneyWalle, thanks!
the idea started when my Pastor's wife mentioned she didn't like decorating for Easter very much because of all the pastel colors. I got it in my mind to make her something brighter. I will have a how-i-did-it post on my blog sunday or monday. mindingmomma.wordpress.com. My daughter helped me make a pattern and pick the colors. the one pictured is the leftover I turned into a wall hanging for my dad and his new wife.
I am thinking of making a copycat from pinterest of a bunny themed wall hanging for our own house if I have time this week.

My sister and I have been quilting for years. Im now in the process of finishing a grandmothers fan i am making for my daughter. I think we live in fabric stores! She lives in North carolina where i'm visiting now. My sister is actually giving a quilting class now!

My sister and I have been quilting for years. Im now in the process of finishing a grandmothers fan i am making for my daughter. I think we live in fabric stores! She lives in North carolina where i'm visiting now. My sister is actually giving a quilting class now!

Welcome to the thread! :cheer2: Sorry it took me so long to say that, but we've had a lot going on in our life right now.

I did however, win the fight with Pfaff and they are refunding me in full for the Pfaff 4.0 that I purchased last March since it doesn't sew straight. Apparently ALL their machines are not stitching straight and my questioning and following through with a local dealer brought this to their attention. Used to love Pfaff, but because they first refused to even address the situation, I will not buy another Pfaff, which is very disappointing. To spend that kind of money and get a machine that doesn't work and have to literally fight for a refund is disheartening. Unbelievable that Pfaff didn't stand by their machine.

I did finish my king size and am entering it in a local show here the first weekend of June. I'll take a picture once it's hanging in the show because taking a photo of a king size is not easy.

Hope you will share some photos too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter