Any Single Disney Men Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure we will have no problem getting to 3000 today. :)

And I will be at the meet on 12/10 with my family in tow! But now I'm confused -- is it before Wishes or after Wishes?

Gina said:
I'm sure we will have no problem getting to 3000 today. :)

And I will be at the meet on 12/10 with my family in tow! But now I'm confused -- is it before Wishes or after Wishes?

We are meeting AFTER wishes at the flagpole....look for a rowdy crowd of adult-type people. (well, we do have to ACT like adults sometimes anyway!)

:grouphug: :moped: :grouphug:

Ah, okay! Cool! The group with the guide dog with the lime green ribbon on his harness will be us. :) See y'all there!

-gina-

WDW -

njguy3 and I will be there at EMH.

Glad your weekend went well!!!!!

See you in chat!

Wish I could be there, but unfortunately life happens and I'm not able to be there. As far as long distance relationships, unfortunately life happens with them too. Not only long distance ones, but I can't help but think that the distance is just a bit too much to put "in between" the 2 people trying to have a relationship.

DisneydaveCT said:
Goofy, SW does fly out of Manchester, NH. And I have Manchester on my Ding profile, so I do see some pretty low rates to Orlando from Manchester from time to time.

Yeah, it does fly out of Manchester. Problem is, I only live about 5 miles from Logan, so the hike to Manchester really wouldn't be worth the savings in air fare.

One of you IS going to save room in your suit case for me!!!!

Tink901 said:
WDW -

njguy3 and I will be there at EMH.

Glad your weekend went well!!!!!

See you in chat!

Goofy4Disney! said:
Yeah, it does fly out of Manchester. Problem is, I only live about 5 miles from Logan, so the hike to Manchester really wouldn't be worth the savings in air fare.

Yes, there is a travel cost :moped: to getting to Manchester, but then again some of rates on SW are super low.

For example, I flew out of Hartford last month of $137 round trip. Prior to discovering SW I was averaging slightly more than $250 round trip Hartford to Orlando. I have seen similar low rates out of Manchester.

Or we could stow away in your suitcase it would be free...lol

DisneydaveCT said:
Yes, there is a travel cost :moped: to getting to Manchester, but then again some of rates on SW are super low.

For example, I flew out of Hartford last month of $137 round trip. Prior to discovering SW I was averaging slightly more than $250 round trip Hartford to Orlando. I have seen similar low rates out of Manchester.

katydidbug1 said:
One of you IS going to save room in your suit case for me!!!!

Cait, OF COURSE!!!! You know us Northeastern girls stick together!!!!!

TinkSquared...LOL

Wish I could with you guys in Dec...alas all my vaca will be gone after my current trip...at least until Jan...hmmm...thinking...thinking...maybe a trip in the spring :)

Tink901 said:
Cait, OF COURSE!!!! You know us Northeastern girls stick together!!!!!

But then again...when MDH started the thread, it took a long time to get it jump started. I'm proud of where we have come and all the wonderful people who have joined us along the way for the journey. Whether you find your prince/princess of captain/wench.....or just real good people you can be friends with .......it is still great to be here!

Bill

sandy5764 said:
Wish I could be there, but unfortunately life happens and I'm not able to be there. As far as long distance relationships, unfortunately life happens with them too. Not only long distance ones, but I can't help but think that the distance is just a bit too much to put "in between" the 2 people trying to have a relationship.

Others have said pretty much the same thing previously but...distance is what each person makes of it. If two people who have distance between feel some sort of a connection then their relationship can be just as good, if not better, than if they lived in the same city. The distance can also make them appreciate the time that they are able to spend together that much more and also has the potentional to make everything more meaningful. There is one "but" and that is that all relationships, local or long distance, are a two-way street and both parties need to be willing to put forth the effort, not be afraid to discuss their feelings, and above all else be honest because without that....you have nothing.

Maureen princess:

I agree very much with what several of you have said. I think that with an LDR, you tend to develop a much more deep emotional attachment because you just don't have the physical part to distract you. Once you are able to be together, for good, the physical part is gravy. It's like getting to know each other from the inside out, which I think is a great thing.

At the same time, I do think you miss out on a lot if you live in two different places. The whole "courtship" thing, really. Email, phone, text messages are all great for staying in touch, but they can't replace just sitting face to face like normal people, sharing a cup of coffee and shy glances. Perhaps that would still be there down the road, but by that point it might already be a given and something expected.

And I know there are no guarantees in ANY relationship... boy, do I know that. But those of you in an LDR, don't you just wish every once in a while that you could just sit and gaze into that person's eyes? Am I just an overly-romantic idealistic mess?? :rolleyes:

I'm just talking out loud, I guess. Sorry for the ramble. :)

Just chiming in to help reach 3000. I had to leave work early b/c son has a fever. I really don't know how to act being home this time of day! pirate:

Oh lookie! we are also approaching page 200! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter