Any solos going to Flower Power Festival in May

bmt337

Atlantic Canada
Any solo's going around the 12th of May to the 16th of May. I'm a mom (happily married mom) of three boys, will be travelling on my own from the 12-17th. I'm planning on going to see Gary Puckett in Concert in Epcot. But wouldn't mind meeting up with other solo travellers. I am planning this trip on my own as a gift to myself. I'm a little anxious and nervous about going on my own, but I'm sure it will make for a nice time.

Unfortunately I'm leaving May 11. I can understand you being a little anxious if this is your first solo trip, but I'll bet you'll have a great time! I've gone solo 6 times-so far! My May trip was supposed to be another solo trip, but Mom invited herself along. Where are you staying? The Epcot resorts are great for going during the F&G Festival. Don't miss seeing some of the beautiful artwork by the artist Larry Dotson. You'll have a fun trip!

bmt337 have a great time. We saw Gary Puckett last year and his show was excellent, we stayed for 2 of them. We'll be there later in May.

Bobbi :flower:

bmt337 said:
Any solo's going around the 12th of May to the 16th of May. I'm a mom (happily married mom) of three boys, will be travelling on my own from the 12-17th. I'm planning on going to see Gary Puckett in Concert in Epcot. But wouldn't mind meeting up with other solo travellers. I am planning this trip on my own as a gift to myself. I'm a little anxious and nervous about going on my own, but I'm sure it will make for a nice time.

I am! I'll be there from 5/9-5/18, and, being an aging rock 'n roller Baby Boomer, I'm REALLY looking forward to the FP concerts--Lovin' Spoonful and Gary Puckett. Where will you staying, and what other plans do you have on your agenda?....I'm hoping to spend an evening at the Adventurer's Club, any interest? Doesn't bother me to do stuff by myself, but this one might be more fun with company!

TT

I'll be going May 7-12, but might be staying up near IOA the first two nights.
What groups will be playing at Epcot? And how much are the concerts?

I may be solo ...or not. My daughter might fly in to join me for a long overdue 'mother/daughter' vaca.

Simba's mom...I meant to IM you. I'll be at BWV and if you start biting your tongue so bad that you need a little break :badpc: ...maybe I can help diffuse the 'oh moth---er' thing over a shared meal with us all...or a night at Adventurer's club or concert if ma goes to bed early. Let me know!

I guess I thought Flower Power had to do with the Epcot gardening show. And heck, I'm a hippy RnRer from the 70's :cool1: ....guess I don't know as much about ole Dis as I thought!

Do you believe in magic?....I'm going to the Spoonful on the 10th (either of the earlier shows).

As far as I know, they're absolutely free! Let me know...

TT

Flower Power Concert Series featuring music from the 60's and 70's (Show Location America Gardens Theatre):
Show times 5:45pm, 7:00pm & 8:15pm

Davy Jones: April 15 - 18
Gary and the US Bonds - April 19 - 21
Paul Revere and the Raiders - April 22 - 25
The Buckinghams - April 26 - 28
The Grass Roots - April 29 - May 1
The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie - May 2 - 4
Vanilla Fudge - May 5 - 6
Greg Rollie - May 7 - 8
The Lovin' Spoonful - May 9 - 11
The Nelsons - May 12 - 14
Gary Puckett - May 15 - 17
Orleans - May 18 - 20
The Rascals - May 21 - 23
BJ Thomas - May 24 - 26
Rare Earth - May 27 - 29
Eric Burdon & the Animals - May 30 - June 1
Arlo Guthrie - June 2 - 5

oh darn..they messed with the scedule again. Well, I can't change my dates again....guess I'm not going to see my favorites :(

Since I'm going to see Greg Rolie, I checked into who he was. Apparently, he used to sing with Santana. I LOVE Santana! Anyone seen this Greg Rolie Band and know if he does play the Santana stuff?

My best friend, Joe, may take me...CAN'T WAIT to see some folks and have fun!!

Yippee!! :cheer2:

Tinseltown Trauma said:
Do you believe in magic?....I'm going to the Spoonful on the 10th (either of the earlier shows).

As far as I know, they're absolutely free! Let me know...

TT

Flower Power Concert Series featuring music from the 60's and 70's (Show Location America Gardens Theatre):
Show times 5:45pm, 7:00pm & 8:15pm

The Lovin' Spoonful - May 9 - 11
The Nelsons - May 12 - 14
Gary Puckett - May 15 - 17
Thank you for the place and dates! :flower2:

I'll be there on the 12th to see the Nelsons. I used to love them when I was a kid (although they sing there dad Rick Nelson's stuff at these concerts--not their own stuff). Still looking forward to it, though.

Karen

I will be there May 4th - 9th with my 16 year old son. Still haven't decided where we are staying yet. Anyone else solo with teenagers?

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter