Any Spider Experts?

Virgo10

<font color=darkorchid>Really, this year there's n
This guy/gal is hanging out in my garden. It's about 2 inches in length. I'm in central Florida and not familiar with the various spiders of this area. I just want to make sure it's not poisonous.

I did send the photo off to What's that Bug but I thought I might get an answer here quicker. :)

spider6-5-07600x555.jpg

Basilica Spider thats the name of it also known as (Mecynogea lemniscata)

basilica orbweaver dont worry there are only two groups ov venomous spiders in fla widows and recluses that guy is niether
just watch out for brown widows google them up :surfweb:

Hey, Virgo wanna compare spiders? ;) Here's mine from yesterday - I think she's an Argiope aurantia - Black & Yellow Garden spider. Lousy picture, I don't have your skills at photography :)

30488CIMG0462-med.JPG

Oh how funny!! I have one too! My kids found it yesterday. Mine is a yellow garden spider. It makes a crazy zigzag in the web, and stays right in the middle...it looks just like yours...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter