Any suggestions......

First-timer

DIS Veteran
ok see my oven broke a few days after thanksgiving (thank god it worked for thanksgiving because i had 22 people over) but anyway my dh bought me a new stove/oven and everyone keeps joking how i dont really need one because my cooking sucks..... it gets delivered fri. dec.29.... now my dh tells me we are invited to a new years eve party and i have to bring something.... i want it to knock their socks off and show them i can cook!!!! so i need some easy recipies...... it is an hour drive where we are going..... hope someone can help..... vicki

I have a great dish for an appetizer. It is called poor man's caviar

1 eggplant bake at 400 for 45 minutes
1 can roasted red peppers
1 scallion
1 tomato diced
lemon and salt and pepper to taste
peel eggplant and put in food processor for a couple of turn
mix all items and serve with tortilla chips

or

Chicken very easy

1 lb boneless chicken
1 bottle of 1000 island dressing
1 pkg of lipton onion soup mix
1 bottle of apricot preserves

mix together and pour over chicken bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until done

Since it's so far, why not make a cheese ball any recipe and just place it in the middle of a platter. Shape it in to a small football then cover it with whole almonds so it looks like a pine cone. Let me know if you need a cheese ball recipe.

This make a stunning presentation. It's very easy to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter