• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Sweethearts’ Nite Tips/Trip Reports?

DisneylandFan22

DIS Veteran
We are going to Sweethearts’ Nite on the 10th and not sure what to expect. Does anyone have tips or a trip report they would be willing to share? We have an ADR at DCA at 5:55 PM and plan to head over to the party after. I almost got Plaza Inn reservations but decided not to since we would have to give up party time. Any help would be appreciated!

Haha I’m going on the 8th. I’m going by myself just for short waits on the rides so I’m not doing photos or watching the fireworks or anything like that but I’ll report on my experience afterwards

We are going on the 8th also but my friend went the other night and she said wait times for rides were very short, they pretty much walked on everything, however wait times for photos with the characters and the photo op's were very long. There are some rare characters out like Bernard and Bianca, Milo and Kida, Snow White in her serving girl outfit. She said the event night food sold out fast too, so mobile order early.

Here's a list of characters:

Asking for a friend: They do not have Sweetheart Nite tickets (sold out for their night) but have an advanced dining reservation for The Plaza Inn at 10pm. Will they be allowed to stay in or return to DLR for that reservation without tickets?

Asking for a friend: They do not have Sweetheart Nite tickets (sold out for their night) but have an advanced dining reservation for The Plaza Inn at 10pm. Will they be allowed to stay in or return to DLR for that reservation without tickets?
Unfortunately they will not be allowed to stay or return for that dining reservation. They start to encourage guests to head to the exit before the event officially starts and then once the event starts they are asked to leave.

We are going on the 8th also but my friend went the other night and she said wait times for rides were very short, they pretty much walked on everything, however wait times for photos with the characters and the photo op's were very long. There are some rare characters out like Bernard and Bianca, Milo and Kida, Snow White in her serving girl outfit. She said the event night food sold out fast too, so mobile order early.

Did she get any of the event night food? I am not sure what will be available. We are going to eat dinner around 6 before the event starts.

These type of events are great if you love low attraction wait times- but honestly not much else besides 30min to hour+ long character meet lines.

Last edited:
Did she get any of the event night food? I am not sure what will be available. We are going to eat dinner around 6 before the event starts.
She said they had wanted the beignets but they had sold out. The event nite food is in the app. If you look thru the menus, you will be able to see what location has what.

Don’t miss the Royal Ball. AMAZING live classic Disney music and each time they play, it’s all different music So watch them multiple times. it was the highlight of the night.

Get the exclusive crispy chicken sandwich with pesto (forgot what it’s called) from galactic grill -best exclusive food of the night. The seasoned fries that comes with it is very salty so ask for regular fries if you are sensitive to that.

watch the fireworks (Mainstreet has no projections during fireworks so feel free to get closer to the castle).

Get your lanyard before the party starts. The lines get longer to enter as it gets closer to 8.

skip the specialty heart dessert at jolly holiday it was no good.

I followed these tips mostly from a YouTuber I watch before I went and had an amazing night!

I’m going tomorrow so I will try to post an update. Anything specific you are looking for?
Thank you! We're going to Villains in a few weeks. Haven't been to an after hours event at DL yet - we did Very Merriest in WDW last year - and trying to get a sense for general vibes and wait times. Taking my family and not huge into photos but looking to maximize time at DCA. Enjoy!

So I had typed up a big long post about going on 2/8 and then accidentally deleted all of it when I was trying to copy and paste… so I’ll write the short version about things that might help people plan. I meant to post before 2/10 but then it got deleted but maybe people going on 2/14 can benefit from this.

I went by myself for wait times so I didn’t do any of the romantic couple stuff lol

So the wait to get in to the park and get your wristband is very long and stretches probably halfway through the esplanade. It was even like that a couple hours after the mix-in began. I got in after probably like 15 minutes

Wait times for rides aren’t necessarily as short as you might think especially as more people get into the park. At least for Fantasyland, Space Mountain, and Indiana Jones. I only waited a few minutes for Space right after the park officially “closed” but it was more like 20-25 later in the night. It dropped again at the very end. Indiana Jones was also a walk on toward the beginning but the entire indoor queue was full toward the end. There were a lot of people toward the end doing Fantasyland rides but Matterhorn only took a few minutes.

As far as Rise of the Resistance goes… the app might say it’s closing at 6. But then they might decide to reopen it for the first part of the event. I think they actually close it at 6 to clear out the line. Me and my friend got in line right before 6 (we were there before the event with our magic keys) and got into the preshow in just over half an hour. I thought that was all the Rise I was getting but then after 7 I saw on the app that it said Rise was 85 minutes. I thought there was no way that was true. So I went over there and walked through the entire queue all the way to the preshow. Then I got off and went back on through the lightning lane where they were sending everybody because the line was so short. Again, I walked right into the preshow. When I got off they had finally updated the posted wait time to 15 to reflect the fact that there was any line. I got back in through the lightning lane which was completely full. I got to the preshow in a few minutes. When I got off they were now back to using the standby queue which was back to where you enter the caves. I was at the preshow in about
10 minutes. The app said it would close at 9 and when I got off it was about 9:20 and there was no posted wait time but they were still letting people go through. I chose not to though because I had been doing Rise nonstop for a couple hours and I wanted to do some other big rides.

Get your lanyard before the party starts. The lines get longer to enter as it gets closer to 8.

Are these After Dark event lanyards anything special? Dealing with a scrapbooker, so wondering it it's something worth keeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter