Any USA entry updates?

I'm sorry for those with trips planned. Whats interesting is I have just had my planning pack sent from wdtc and the covering letter talks nothing about the current situation and still talks about the dining plan and booking for 2020!

the covering letter talks nothing about the current situation and still talks about the dining plan and booking for 2020!
That's not very good.
However, I'd give them a break as I guess they've been a bit busy fire-fighting while working from home. Redrafting paperwork that may change again, and again, over the next few weeks and months is probably low priority.

That's not very good.
However, I'd give them a break as I guess they've been a bit busy fire-fighting while working from home. Redrafting paperwork that may change again, and again, over the next few weeks and months is probably low priority.
I'd agree but also disagree because it's a basic covering letter. The packs they sent out are almost pointless and misleading in many ways. I'd understand if they had just said something along the lines of these are just guides and we have made many changes since the information packs were published.

Me neither. I had to pay my balance today, but I'm not expecting to go. On the bright side, if the trip doesn't happen, then the money I was supposed to use for the trip will go to pay off nearly all of my student loan (it's in Norway, so have to pay it off in full), and that means I'll be nearly debt free as that's the only debt I have :flower1:
Hey that would still be a great thing.

Interesting bit in today's i newspaper from Simon Calder, who is probably the best travel writer out there. I wish I could find a link to it online, but, he is of the opinion that restrictions will be kept in place against Europeans because 'he (Trump) believes it plays well with his support base ahead of the November election' Although Mr Calder does add that if restrictions were lifted VA would stick to well established routes, including Orlando, personally I think it's unlikely and anyone with a reservation in 2020 in the UK or any country that is subject to these restrictions can wave ta ta to going this year, me included.

I agree with you about Simon Calder when it comes to travel. 👍

Also, given who the two ‘individuals’ are at each side of the Atlantic (Im trying very hard to be non-pollitial or offensive😀) and based on their decision making to date; there is no way I would be considering a flight from the UK to the US for a holiday this year 😂 🤷‍♂️

I agree with you about Simon Calder when it comes to travel. 👍

Also, given who the two ‘individuals’ are at each side of the Atlantic (Im trying very hard to be non-pollitial or offensive😀) and based on their decision making to date; there is no way I would be considering a flight from the UK to the US for a holiday this year 😂 🤷‍♂️
I'm not considering the US for a holiday before October 2021, I think Covid-19 isn't going to be the only problem the US will be facing in months to come.

BEFORE YOU MAKE TRAVEL PLANS for Flying to USA in the rest of 2020 AND 2021

CHECK your ESTA STATUS on

esta.cbd dhs.gov

I've recently renewed my passport, but, the new one has a different number. I know my ESTA is still valid by date, but, now I have a new passport number will I have to renew it?

Yes, I believe so.
I've recently renewed my passport, but, the new one has a different number. I know my ESTA is still valid by date, but, now I have a new passport number will I have to renew it?
Yes, I believe so.

Thanks for the replies. As I'm now not planning to go until next October/November I'm going to leave renewing it until then.

Make sure you leave enough time for any embassy appointments etc incase something goes wrong and you have to apply for a visa. I know people that have had multiple ESTA's etc and something has gone wrong and they've had to rush to get an embassy appointment or in some cases they didn't get to go as they couldn't get the appointment in time.

that ESTA post just reminded me that my son in law and daughter in law and newest grandchild all need visas - but the embassy is closed because of corona.....
we still have almost a year until the trip, but with the embassy it takes forever and a day to get the visa appointment...
what a major pain in the derriere....

yes definitely

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter