• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any way to minimize wait times for phone calls to Disneyworld?

Lee from WV

next stop, JazzFest
Call right at 7, before 7, or are there days or times that don't have such a long wait? (Not sure this is the right forum..)

First that would be 7 AM ET but for some reason guests still call for ADR first thing in the morning vs using MDE directly.

It really depends on why you are calling since many functions are now available in MDE on the web or using the smartphone app.

What are you calling concerning as there may be better numbers to call?

However that is not a magic time as Disney announces discounts or other new things pop up all over the internet. Some times 10:15 AM ET works fine. Lunch time tends to generate delays as Guests want to call at their lunch break.

Dave

Well that's not going to ease up for the next 60 days as we are in the Spring Break, Easter, Post Easter getaway period.

And it has been a long dark winter for most of the country so it seems everyone wants a Cabana, (407) 939-7529 is the official Recreation number. It does not have major Call Center section staffing.

They are open 7 days a week until 10 PM have you tried later in the evening like dinner time 5-7 PM?

Dave

I've tried calling several times in the past few weeks and have still never talked to a human. 45 minutes this morning on hold before I had an appointment and hung up. One night I was on the phone for something like 4 hours with no success. Worst part is that they don't give you any estimate. Frustrating.

None of us would know for sure and can only suggest what we have done. With most call centers, I try to avoid lunch time when perhaps many others are also calling. Early morning or later evening might be an option. If I call and get an excessively long wait estimate, I just hang up and try an hour later.

Last edited:
Interestingly, I called to add my flights for ME yesterday and was given a wait time of 45 minutes and the option to have them call me back when available. In 15 minutes, I got a call from a helpful agent. And she was able to help with things other than ME reservations. Kind of surprised given my experience the past few weeks trying to get through without any of these options.

Interestingly, I called to add my flights for ME yesterday and was given a wait time of 45 minutes and the option to have them call me back when available. In 15 minutes, I got a call from a helpful agent. And she was able to help with things other than ME reservations. Kind of surprised given my experience the past few weeks trying to get through without any of these options.
Huh today I called to add DME and after a 50 minute wait the agent told me I would have to call DME directly because she couldn’t help :sad2:

Have been on hold twice today using Ticketing number. 2.75 hours this afternoon (had to hang up to go to a meeting) and 45 minutes just now. The very helpful person I talked to just now was not Ticketing, but probably general travel booking. He told me the call-backs were used when queues were under X number of hours. Once they hit the limit, the call-back and wait time messages stopped. And, when there were enough calls in the queue to get to closing time, calls are shifted to the general booking line. Agent said to call in morning for best results, and he expected the waits to be this long for the next 3-4 weeks. YMMV, because Reps have been known to differ on explanations, but what he said made sense to me.

I use this https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform

And you can adjust it yourself later if anything changes.
This is what I wound up using! Dug it up out of an old email but thanks for sharing as it's a great resource. Because of work my husband and I are flying in and out at different times, son in with me but out with dad, and we have multiple resorts on our reservation so I wanted to speak to an agent, but I think we're good. At least I hope I did it right.

I’ve been trying to add requests for weeks and ask a question about the cabin at the fort. I can’t get through to anyone and I don’t have time to sit on hold all day with a baby

Do they answer emails on any subject you want? Including granting and proactively denying requests, and not including the advisory. "Call us."?

Hint: No harm if you give up trying to modify or cancel a Disney bound Magical Express reservation to better match a change in your arrival time. For going home you can adjust DME as needed after you get there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter