Anybody cruised before??

minnie56

DIS Veteran
But I'm not going Disney!
I figure I spend 2-3 vacations each year in WDW, so my first cruise I want a real change.
Here's my dilemma.......
I want to go on Royal Caribbean line..
I'm planning the Western Caribbean in January..
They have a huge ship (biggest in World..Navigator of the Seas) which does a 7 day cruise...
They have another new ship (slightly smaller....90,000 tons) doing a 10 day cruise..
Both ships look awesome...Navigator very much so!!!
Shall I go for smaller ship for 10 days or the huge,grand ship for 7 days??
Help?
:rolleyes:

I love to cruise, only with Royal Carribean once but it was fantastic. If you have never cruised before you may want 7 nts just in case. However personally the longer the better. The RC ship I was on was not even as big as the "smaller" one you mentioned and it was gigantic. I don't even think you would really know unless you've been on both.
I think it depends if you want a 7 or 10 day vacation, more than the size of the ship.
My vote is 10 day -- smaller ship

I have cruise the Rhapsody of the Seas and it is not as big as the ones you are talking about. It was big as it was. Personally I would take the 10 day over the 7 because the longer the better but that is me (and my dh).
I have also cruise on the Regal Princess. It was really nice but showing a little wear.
tigercat

Hi! I am actually leading a group of the Explorer of the Seas (sister ship to the Navigator) next March break. This will be my first experience with Royal Caribbean, and I can't wait. I also have a group of local seniors going on the Explorer in November. I will let you know how they like it.

My boss has been on the Voyageur of the Seas (another sister ship to the Navigator) and he says it is the nicest ship he has been on. Since he has been on every major cruise line, this is a great recommendation!

When sailing on Carnival before we were docked beside the Majesty of the Seas and I was not all that impressed by her, but I think you are probably talking about the Brilliance of the Seas as your alternate choice? I think that any of the Radiance class ships are also great choices, even though they are not as big. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

I am grateful for your help and tips!
I think I am leaning towards the 10 day cruise...I hate going anywhere for less than that!
Yes, it is Brilliance of the Seas I am looking at along with Navigator.I found a great site last night where you can read all kinds of reports on all the cruise lines, so that too was a help!

Thanks again!:D

WE have been on two cruises...one back when Disney used the Oceanic, and the other one...It was a while ago, but I remember I loved it. The last cruise we took was in 1999 on the Bolero...it was an extremely SMALL ship, but the great thing was we were in 6 different ports in 7 days. It also got into a lot of smaller islands that the bigger ships won't even go near. We had a great time. Personally I would chose the places that you want to go, and see which cruise offers them. Have fun!

Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter