Anybody ever done Grand Cayman on your own??

Most places will take USD, but will give you change in Cayman dollars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

I wouldn't mind this, as long as it wasn't a ton of money. It would be kind of a cool souvenir.

We bought rum and brought it on board, so I have no idea what policies you're talking about. The duty free shop at the end of the pier sells both rum and the rum cakes duty free. But you have to purchase and take them right back to the ship, so do it when returning.

We did too-didn't have any issues.

We actually did this great snorkeling/stingray excursion when we went to Grand Cayman- we did not book it through Disney and it was great- we actually saw the boat full of cruise ship people at stingray city while we were there and it was PACKED- ours had plenty of room to spread out and lots of one on one with our crew! We used www.captainmarvins.com/ My daughter was just under 4 when we went and she had such a blast snorkeling and with the stingrays. We still watch the video we bought from them of our trip!

We did too-didn't have any issues.

We actually did this great snorkeling/stingray excursion when we went to Grand Cayman- we did not book it through Disney and it was great- we actually saw the boat full of cruise ship people at stingray city while we were there and it was PACKED- ours had plenty of room to spread out and lots of one on one with our crew! We used www.captainmarvins.com/ My daughter was just under 4 when we went and she had such a blast snorkeling and with the stingrays. We still watch the video we bought from them of our trip!

Thank you so much for this tip! I'm looking at their website and it appears they have exactly what I'm looking for! Hell/turtle farm tour with a drop off on Seven Mile Beach after. Then we can just catch the bus or a cab back to the pier. Anybody ever travel back from Tiki Beach on their own before? Are cabs readily available? How long of a drive is it?

Is Chicken!Chicken walking distance to Royal Palms? Do they do to-go food?

Easy walking distance. Out the Royal Palms parking lot, cross the road, and walk maybe 25 yards and you're at the West Shore Centre. Chicken!Chicken! is in the back left part of the centre. They will package your meal to go, not a problem.

I was looking for information for a wave runner or jet ski excursion in GC.
Anyone has an idea about the cost or a reliable company? thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter