Anybody have an "Old Camper?"

bord1niowa

DIS Veteran
It looks like about everyone on here has a newer camper or RV. I do have a pop up 1998 in great shape but I just bought a 27 foot 1976 Concord TT in very good shape. The price and condition were too good to pass up. Everything works and it's in great shape mechanically and flooring etc. Am I the only crazy one or is there anybody else out there with a "Vintage" camping unit? I feel like everyone will be pointing and making jokes about it compared to the new ones that seem to be at the Fort. Kinda feel like the "Backwoods" campers. :rotfl2:

Our's is a 2000 Jacyo Eagle travel trailer..not exactly vintage, but not as new as some here. We were seriously thinking of upgrading to a larger, newer model last season. With the turn in the economy..I'm glad we didn't. It may be older..but hey it's paid for!:thumbsup2

While the Class A is newer,,,,the 5'er was a bit older...I don't care about the year as long as it does what I want, and how I want..

Quite a few of us campers are old farts! But I'm guessing that's not what you meant! There are a few of us with older MoHo's. Mine is a 1984 (chassis, 1985 coach, so what year is the whole thing?). I just embrace the Cousin Eddie comparison's and even call my dog Snot! LoL Actually, the camping-set are a very gracious and acepting lot. I used to feel embarrassed camping next to half-million dollar rigs until I started talk to the owners. Campers in general are some of the nicest people. And if some highbrow looks down his nose at your rig, screw him, he's your neighbor for what, a week?! Enjoy yourself.

It looks like about everyone on here has a newer camper or RV. I do have a pop up 1998 in great shape but I just bought a 27 foot 1976 Concord TT in very good shape. The price and condition were too good to pass up. Everything works and it's in great shape mechanically and flooring etc. Am I the only crazy one or is there anybody else out there with a "Vintage" camping unit? I feel like everyone will be pointing and making jokes about it compared to the new ones that seem to be at the Fort. Kinda feel like the "Backwoods" campers. :rotfl2:

In Oct 2007 with lots of remorse we traded in our 1981 Prowler which we had owned since 1982 on our present rig. The 1981 Prowler got severe cosmetic hail damage (looked like a golf ball on two sides and roof) in the big NE hail storm in around 2001. We got little insurance for the hail damage and since the siding was obsolete it would be north of 10K just to reside it so we bit the bullet so to speak and made the jump and now we are glad we did. The 1981 was in great shape except for the skin since I had maintained it extremely well and replace all the plumbing, refer, WH, etc. The only original appliances were the stove, A/C and heater. We also had new carpeting and all the seats/cushsion were redone with the hail insurance money we got which was around $2,500.

Larry

Our Class C is a 1996. We bought it in 2004. We are the 3rd owners and while we'd really like to move up, the economy just bit us real hard. So we'll be holding on to this awhile longer - which means there is some fixin' up to be done.

I guess I'm glad that I wasn't quick enough to take the tow vehicle advice from a couple of weeks ago and purchase something. If I had, we'd probably be in worse straits. (Good thing the Dec trip is paid and that I got a postcard with a code to reduce the cost, or we'd be staying home.)

We had a 95 5er that we had taken to FW several times. Six months ago we traded it on a 2009 because we wanted a toy hauler. But my parents still bring there 1981 fleetwood. We have had to do alot of work to it to keep it on the road but its paid for. With the economy the way its going we should have keep the 95 only had a year to pay on it oh well:confused3

We have a 94 Monaco Dynasty. I could care less that it is 14 years old frankly, until I have to have something done (like I just did). I did my homework and made sure I was buying something that was well maintained. I am definitely not in a "keepin up with the Joneses" match and love my coach. Hubbs and I are very glad we made our old coach purchase. She is a little more money than we wanted to maintain per year, but IMO worth every penny. I have now come to loathe hotels.:lmao:

When the OP said "old camper" she wasn't talking about the spouses was she?? DW would say that she has an old camper no matter what we were actually pulling behind us! :rotfl:

:surfweb: Ours is a 1986 SUNLINE. We love, it's immaculate, the price was a bargain from friends that loaned it to us twice before we purchased it. Love using it but man do I get camper envy for every newer rig we park next to. We'll be buying a newer model in the spring but keeping the original for 19DS.

Don't worry about what year your TT is. Campers are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I don't think anyone will be pointing and laughing at you for what you tow. But if they do, just point and laugh at what their monthly payment is!!! ;)

we have a 94 Fleetwood Bounder. The old girl does run great and takes us were we want to go. If i am camped by a brand new rig and they look down at me, i can just say i pay the same to camp as they do. But i don't have to make a payment. making a payment is ok but i don;'t see it when we only use the mh about 10 times a year.

So no matter what you have just enjoy it and enjoy camping. Most campers you meet are great people, and hard working folk.

Yeah! Finally a thread welcoming our '84 Country Camper and '90 LeSharo! Thanks!

1984%20Country%20Camper%20Trader.JPG

080913_LS_at_PBSP_shadysite.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter