Anybody know Sea World's policy on COMP tickets?

starshine514

DIS Veteran
My DH won a radio contest for Sea World. It includes two nights' hotel and 8, one-day tickets to SW. 4 of the tickets have blackout dates, while the other 4 do not. Each of the tickets has COMP printed on it.

Does anyone know if Sea World will give you any value for these tickets? We actually already have AP's to SW that don't expire until May 2012 (the tickets he won expire in June 2012), so the tickets themselves aren't of much use to me (unless I figure out a way to get extended family to go). But, we'll still have to pay income taxes on them, so I hope to get some value from them...

Anybody have any experience with this at Sea World?

My DH won a radio contest for Sea World. It includes two nights' hotel and 8, one-day tickets to SW. 4 of the tickets have blackout dates, while the other 4 do not. Each of the tickets has COMP printed on it.

Does anyone know if Sea World will give you any value for these tickets? We actually already have AP's to SW that don't expire until May 2012 (the tickets he won expire in June 2012), so the tickets themselves aren't of much use to me (unless I figure out a way to get extended family to go). But, we'll still have to pay income taxes on them, so I hope to get some value from them...

Anybody have any experience with this at Sea World?

Hey! I have several friends that work at SW and have given me comp tickets before. The way comp tickets work is that employees can give them to anyone they like, but the tickets have no re-sale value and cannot be upgraded. The reason they do that is primarily so that employees don't sell them for a profit, but unfortunately comp tickets are also used for promos so it sounds like that's what you got.

ETA: It's certainly worth calling to see if they have any suggestions. Your situation is not the norm.

Comp/media tix will almost always have no value at the park. No upgrades, etc for those. Donate the tix to charity but keep the hotel for you. Will almost be a wash tax wise.

Comp/media tix will almost always have no value at the park. No upgrades, etc for those. Donate the tix to charity but keep the hotel for you. Will almost be a wash tax wise.

We don't itemize, so would the donating to charity thing help then? If so, what charities would be interested in that sort of thing?

Can you sell them on ebay? I just bought 4 tickets, most go for a pretty good price.....

I am going to send a PM, this may help us if you are willing to sell them (perhaps with the hotel as well), depending on price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter