anybody stayed here

honeymom

<font color=blue>I just tried to connect the dots<
I am deciding between several offsite hotels. Each seems to have pros/cons:

Doubletree Suites - Pros: We really like Doubletrees. Great beds. Consistent service. Suite - Good room size. Cons - Not walking distance. Question: Is ART to this hotel fast & reliable?

Residence Inn Maingate - Pros: large suite with bunkbeds for kids. nice looking grounds. can be walked although a bit far. Quiet. Cons- probably need to take transpo. With kids suite, will cost more than Doubletree.Questions: Are the beds comfortable? Is ART fast & reliable?

Best Western Park Place Inn - Pros: closest off-site hotel to disneyland. Cons - even minisuite looks small. Question: Not sure of noise given its location. Also, are beds comfortable?

We are miserable when we don't get enough sleep due to uncomfortable beds. And, we are a bit concerned that transportation be reliable. Are there ever cabs waiting anywhere (and where) in case you just missed a shuttle and don't want to wait for the next one?

Doubletree Guest Suites - it's a new hotel (opened in April) on Harbor near the convention center.

We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn in Sept.

We had a room with a king bed and a couch pull out for ds(4). Our king bed was very comfortable, but we only have queen at home, so we enjoyed the larger bed. The couch pull out was not comfortable at all, but ds is small, so he didn't really notice. An adult, or 2 children wouldn't be able to sleep on it, IMO.

We found our room small, but we didn't spend a lot of time in it, except to sleep. Our room faced the Capt' restaurant (sp) and we heard the garbage trucks every morning. If you made sure your room did not face this direction, it would probably be OK.

We found it very clean, and the staff was great. Ds was throwing up one night, and dh went to the front desk to ask where we should take the dirty towels. Well, they sent a cleaning lady right over, she took the dirty towles, and brought us a whole stack of clean ones.

It is super close to the parks, which is the most important thing for us. We have commented on the people waiting for shuttles at the end of the night. We would be back at the hotel and have ds in the bath by the time they would be getting on their shuttle.

HTH!!

My sister and BIL stayed at that Doubletree this last weekend. They said it was very nice. They only took the ART once and it took them longer to get to the park than walking so they walked the rest of the time. FWIW, they said the ART was available frequently to and from the hotel so you should be fine.

We are planning on staying at Best Western Park Place Inn our next trip so I will be interested in hearing any reviews people post. We are a family of 5, so I hope there would be enough room for all of us in one of their rooms. When we go my kids will be 16, 12, and 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter