Anybody tried an inflatible mattress??

KAMommy

<font color=teal>I am ADDICTED to America's Next T
OK, this may sound wierd, and maybe DCL messed up, but our cruise will be me, DH DD4 and DS8. We are in a standard cabin with a bed and couch (I think). My thought was to take an inflatible twin air mattress for one of the kids. Mainly because they both sleep like octupi and would probably kill each other if they were together. I was planning to either stand the thing up in a closet or slide it under the bed during the day. Any thoughts, or am I as insane as my husband thinks??;)

If you are booked for 4 people then you will have a bed for both kids. There will be a bunk with bed rails that comes down above the couch. My then 13 DS slept in it with his sister below him on the couch that turns in to a bed.
Kim

Now we have done this when we go to WDW, pack our aero bed for one of the kids, it makes it so much easier if they don't have to sleep together.
Now for a cruise, I am assuming your cabin is for 4 people. So I don't see any reason why you could not do this. If it is a small child you could just take a pool type airmattress, it will take up alot less space in your room and luggage. Either way it will fit under the bed or maybe stand it up in your closet. We are thinking about this for our cruise in October (on RCCL) we will also have a sofa bed and our 6.4" 16 year old cannot willnot sleep with his 8yr old bro. Another option will be to keep the twin beds separated for the two boys and hubby and I sleep on the pullout-now that is wrong!! who paid for the trip??? But to keep the peace and sleep good we may go for it.

Please do NOT take an air mattress, you will have absolutely no room to put it. :)

If you booked your cabin with four names on the booking your cabin will SLEEP FOUR. You will have a single sofa bed and a pull-down bunk over that bed, which will have bed rails. You and your husband will have a queen bed. The kids will have their own beds and everyone will be happy. :)

The "sofa bed" isn't like a home sofa bed, or one you'd find in a hotel. It only sleeps one person. As others have said, the 4th bed drops down from the ceiling.
Even if you could find a spot to store an air matress during the day, you'd never have enough floor space for it at night!

Kim

Why do you think DCL messed up....if you have 4 people booked, as others have said you will have sleeping arrangements for 4. The beds are very comfortable. Disney would not put you in a cabin that did not have the required amount of beds. I am just curious as to why you think DCL would not have enough beds for you.

You can keep the queen as a queen or you can split it up to two tiwns, but I don't know why you want to do that either. My 6.3 DS17 sleep on the sofa bed with no problems at all. I believe there is a weight limit for the top bunk so my DD15 sleeps up there, but please do not worry and don't bother taking a mattress with you!!!

MJ

I thought the main bed was a king size. We have a queen size at home and it seems larger than our bed here at home. Are you sure it is only a queen size bed?
DJ

The beds are more on the King size, size.

Webmaster Michelle, I really am confused. We booked with four people (being paranoid I checked my confirmation). However, we have been assigned cabin 6605, which the new Passporter says sleeps 3 (no pulldown)? Am I mixed up?

Probably not KAmommy. I remember reading when the Passporter first came out that they were a little messed up. That some of the rooms sleeping arrangements were incorrect in the book and they were trying to get it straightened out. Your room was probably one of them.

I doubt DCL messed up. If you have 4, you will get 4. Don't worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter