Anyone at DVC now, or has been in the past few weeks-??

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Somewhere one person posted a photo of the new bedding at a DVC resort, just plain sheets, no runner or anything else. Lots of people (including me) thought the plain sheets looked terrible, like a partially made bed. Then I got to thinking-is this very common, or was it just the way this one room looked? So if you're there now, or recently were, how was your bed made up?

DVC is going to triple sheeting which is apparently a industry norm now.

BCV studio 7/20-7/27: Tripple sheets. Top sheet had a white-on-white design, but you had to look close to see it. There was no runner at the foot of the bed. When we first walked in, I thought the room was un-cleaned and we had a bare mattress. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was the change I'd read was coming. Got cold that night and had to pull the blanket from the pull-out. (It was the couch design that has the storage compartment built into it.)

BLT 2-bdrm 7/27-8/4: Tripple sheets. Same top sheet. Colorful runner across the foot of the bed. Several extra blankets in the closet.

I'm at BLT now in a 1 bedroom & we have the thick white comforter with the runner at the bottom. Thank goodness!

I hate triple sheeting! It gets cold at night & it is not warm enough! We had them at AoA & it was so uncomfortable!

I'm at BLT now in a 1 bedroom & we have the thick white comforter with the runner at the bottom. Thank goodness!

I hate triple sheeting! It gets cold at night & it is not warm enough! We had them at AoA & it was so uncomfortable!

Ah, stupid duvet still there then.

What is stupid about it?

There are no ties to tie the corners of the comforter inside the duvet cover. So it slips down. Plus the opening is in the middle of the back side, so it hangs down a the foot of the bed. It needs velcro or ties to keep the opening shut. Or open the cover at the end instead of the middle.

So it is a lot harder to make the bed and make it look nice. And it slips around during the night so you might only get the cover and not the comforter when you are sleeping.

I was out at DL 2 weeks ago, the 1 bedroom at VGC had a bedspread.

We moved to Paradise Pier, they had the triple sheeting with the runner. The blanket was pretty heavy, I wasn't cold.

They did this at BLT when I was there in June. There was a runner but I was pretty cold and uncomfortable. Will they do his in winter too? I asked for a blanket but it was lightweight and no help.

At bwv now 1 BR. Reg dbl sheeted bed with soft blue blanket and bedspread. I don't like the bedspreads so I always take them off and store them. I prefer duvets at other hotels but not sure what Disney is using.

I just want to be more clear, I don't have a duvet in my room like others have mentioned. We have the sheet with the blue blanket then another sheet then a white thick, warm, comforter then the green runner across the bottom. There are 2 blankets in the laundry room area. I bring our own blankets & am so glad I had them my kids were freezing in the sofa bed & those blankets in the closet were nasty looking lol

I don't see any reason to add duvets in a southern resort. Most guests would not need them.

If you know you get cold at night you can ask housekeeping that an extra blanket be added to the triple sheet combo. Or get the extra blanket and place it on the bed each evening.

I've never liked the air conditioning blowing across me at night so we almost always shut it off and are plenty warm with sheets and a blanket.

I do not like the white triple sheeted bedding. The rooms have lost their personality. They do not even have a colorful and themed scarf on the beds, which would at least add some personality and keep the bedding clean from guests placing suitcases on the the white bedding. What ever happened to the promise DVC made of designer bedding, furnishings, and top rated brand name appliances (both large and small). Seems that they have gone to substandard furnishings and appliances. Part of the attraction to DVC was the personality of each resort room to the theme of the resort and designer furnishings. I am very disappointed. Have seen this so far at Old Key West and Vero Beach.

We were just at BWV and honestly I don't remember...it seemed like a comforter covered in a sheet? Whatever it was, it seemed more sanitary than a bedspread so I was fine with that.

Just at BWV and the beds had the triple sheeting (no runner). I prefer the triple sheeting over a bulky comforter that is not washed between guests. We also had the triple sheeting on the bed in our AoA suite, except there was a custom runner designed to match the room. At each resort there was a thin blanket between two of the sheets.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter